Govt. Approved: Rajiv Gandhi Equity Saving Scheme – One of the best investment options
Finally, Govt of India approved the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Saving Scheme yesterday.
Below are highlights of Rajiv Gandhi Equity Saving Scheme
- This scheme is aimed to new investors who want to invest up to Rs 50,000 in capital markets and whose annual income is up to Rs 10 lakhs
- The investment can be done in blue-chip private and public sector companies. The scheme covers stocks listed in BSE 100, CNX 100 and Navarathna, Maharathna and Minirathna public sector firms.
- The investment can also be done in Mutual funds and listed exchange traded funds (ETF’s)
- Investors can also invest in IPO (initial public offers) and FPO (follow-up public offers) of public sector companies whose turnover is Rs 4,000 crores+ where Government also gets benefitted towards its move to disinvestment.
- Tax deduction eligible is 50% of the investment.
- Lock-in period is for 3 years.
Conclusion: This scheme is one of the best investment options for a new investor who want to participate in capital market, mutual funds and ETF’s. However one should exercise caution while investing in direct stock markets, as they are risky. Look for best stocks or good mutual funds suitable for you, before investing.
If you found this article is good, share the link in Twitter/Face book. The links are provided below.
Happy investing in the Best investment Options
- 11 Genuine Ways to Make Money in Free Time (Online + Offline) - June 5, 2023
- 17 Best Debt Mutual Funds to invest in 2023 (as per ChatGPT) - June 3, 2023
- Indel Money NCD Bonds June 2023 – Doubling Investment in 6 Years - June 2, 2023
I have a demat a/c with few shares that I bought few years back. But I'm not active in market. Can I buy any mutual fund under this equity scheme to save tax over & above 1 lakh ie investing 50000 to save 25000 from taxable income?
Preity, you should be a new entrant to market to be eligble under this scheme