Tentiwal Wire Products IPO – Can we invest ?
Uttar Pradesh (UP) based Tentiwal Wire Products SME IPO has hit the market yesterday. This IPO would get listed on the BSE SME Platform. In this article, I would analyze about the Tentiwal Wire Products IPO and whether it is good for investment or not.
About Tentiwal Wire Products
Tentiwal Wire Products is a manufacturer and supplier of winding wires and aluminum extrusions. Tentiwal Wire products is issuing 16.30L shares @ Rs 13 per share for subscription of Rs 2.12 Crores.
Issue details of Tentiwal Wire Products IPO
- IPO opens: 11-Dec-2013
- IPO closes: 16-Dec-2013
- Face value: Rs 10 per share
- Issue price: Rs 13 per share
- Minimum bid: 10,000 shares for retail investors and in multiples of 10,000 shares thereof
- Minimum investment: Rs 130,000
- Lead managers: Hem Securities Limited
- Listing: BSE SME
Download Prospectus of Tentiwal Wire Products IPO
The purpose of the IPO: The funds would be used for the following purposes.
- To reduce overall indebtedness of the company by repayment of the outstanding loan from Aditya Birla Finance.
- General corporate purpose
- The company has posted revenue of Rs 776.51 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2009 and 4,107.20 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2013.
- The company has posted a profit of Rs 8.37 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-09 Vs Rs 55.99 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2013.
Reasons to invest Tentiwal Wire Products IPO
- Good growth in the revenues in the last 5 years.
Reasons not to invest in Tentiwal Wire Products IPO
- The company runs on thin margins. Its profits are just Rs 56 Lakhs on revenues of Rs 4,107 Lakhs which is 1.36%.
- The IPO’s listed on the BSE SME platform are trading on low volume and liquidity is an issue.
- Minimum investment required is Rs 1.30 lakhs.
Recommendation / Investment strategy:
- Average EPS for the last 3 years is Rs 1.51. At issue price of Rs 13, this translates to a P/E ratio of 8.59. Considering FY-12-13 EPS the P/E ratio translates to 7.51. It peers like Precision Wires India Ltd are trading at a P/E ratio of 3.79 (Highest) and Kei Industries Ltd at P/E ratio of 1.96(Lowest). Hence the issue price of Tentiwal Wire Products IPO looks very expense for such SME IPO.
- Though we are seeing a good revenue growth in the last 5 years, the profits are thin. These can be easily wiped out with small change in market conditions and under competitive world. The issue price is also expensive.
- Considering above facts, my suggestion to investors is to stay away from such IPO.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Tentiwal Wire Products IPO
- DOMS Industries IPO – Dates, Positives, Risks and Review - December 10, 2023
- India Shelter Finance IPO – Dates, Positives, Risks and Review - December 9, 2023
- These AA Rated Indiabulls Housing Finance NCD-Dec-2023 offers 10.75% Interest Rates - December 8, 2023