Muthoot Finance is coming up with Tranche IV secured NCD bonds now. These bonds would open for subscription on 28th November, 2022. Muthoot Finance is the largest gold loan business company in India. The NCD interest rates for Muthoot Finance NCD are up to 7.75%. These NCDs are offered for 36 months to 60 month tenure. Interest is paid either monthly, yearly or on maturity. Should you invest in Muthoot Finance NCD issue of November, 2022? What are the risk factors one should consider before investing in Muthoot Finance Tranche IV NCD’s of 2022?
About Muthoot Finance Limited
Muthoot Finance Limited is the flagship company of the Kerala-based business house, The Muthoot Group, which has diversified operations in financial services, healthcare, education and hospitality.
The company derives a major portion of its business from South India (50% of the total gold loan portfolio), where gold loans have traditionally been accepted as a means of availing short-term credit, although it has increased its presence beyond South India over the last few years.
Muthoot Finance NCD issue – Nov-2022
Here are the issue details.
|Secured, Redeemable and Converted NCDs
|Issue Size (Base)
|Rs 75 Crores
|Issue Size (Oversubscription)
|Rs 225 Crores
|Total Issue Size
|Rs 300 Crores
|Rs 1,000 per bond
|Rs 1,000 per bond
|Minimum Lot size
|10 bonds and 1 bond there after
|36 to 60 months
|Interest Payment frequency
|Monthly, Yearly and on Maturity
|Within 6 working days on BSE/NSE
Muthoot Finance NCD Interest Rates – Nov-2022 Issue
|Frequency of Interest Payment
|Tenor in months
|Coupon Rate (Retail)
|Effective Yield (% per Annum)
|Amount on Maturity (Rs)
What are the credit ratings for these NCDs?
Muthoot Finance NCD rating is assigned as AA+ (Stable) by ICRA. Instruments with this rating are considered to have a high degree of safety regarding timely servicing of financial obligations. Such instruments carry very low credit risk.
Muthoot Finance NCD interest payment date
Interest payment date for Muthoot Finance NCD would be the first day of the subsequent month / year (from the date of allotment of NCDs) in case of monthly and yearly payment options. In case of cumulative option, such NCD interest would be paid on the maturity date.
How is the company doing in terms of profits?
Its consolidated profits are as below:
FY2020 – Rs 3,169 Crores
FY2021 – Rs 3,819 Crores
FY2022 – Rs 4,031 Crores
Why to invest in these NCDs?
1) Muthoot Finance NCDs offer attractive interest rates where investors can get interest up to 8.25% per annum.
2) Muthoot Finance generates consistent margins. This means that company has ability to pay interest payment on time to its NCD holders without any delay.
3) It issues secured NCDs. Its secured NCDs are safe compared to unsecured NCDs. In case a company gets wind-up/shut down for some reason, secured NCD investors would get preference in repayment of capital along with interest as those backed up by assets of the company. Hence it is safe to invest in such secured NCD options.
Why not to invest in these NCDs?
1) The Spread of COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent nationwide lockdowns and covid restrictions have impact on its operations and financial condition. Any covid related restrictions or lockdowns in the future would have an impact on company business.
2) Its financial performance is particularly vulnerable to interest rate risk. If they fail to adequately manage interest rate risk in the future it could have an adverse effect on its net interest margin, thereby adversely affecting its business and financial condition.
3) Refer NCD prospectus for complete risk factors.
How to invest in Muthoot Finance NCD Online?
This issue is available in only in demat form. You can apply online or through any of the broker website where you are maintaining a demat account. Application forms can be downloaded on the lead manager web site. For more information on this you can refer prospectus.
How safe is Muthoot Finance NCD?
These NCD bonds are rated as AA+ by ICRA. Such credit rating carry low credit risk.
Should you invest in Muthoot Finance NCD?
Muthoot Finance NCD of Nov-2022 issue offers high interest rates. These NCDs are rated as AA+ by ICRA, which are considered as good (while AAA rated bonds could have been better). However, these credit ratings can change in future without any advance intimation. Since these are secured NCDs, these are a little safer. Currently larger bank FDs (except for small finance banks) and debt funds are providing very low returns. High risk investors can invest in these NCDs for short term to medium term.
If you enjoyed this article, share this with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
- This Hybrid Mutual Fund turned 1 Lakh to 31 Lakhs in last 20 years - March 3, 2024
- Where to Open a Demat Account? – A Comprehensive Guide - March 2, 2024
- 5 Mutual Fund Schemes with 20-Year Returns between 3,370% to 4,700% - February 28, 2024