12.68% Indel Money NCD – Sep 2021 – Should you invest or avoid?
Indel Money NCD Review – Should you invest or Avoid?
Indel Money is coming up with Secured and Unsecured NCD bonds. These bonds would open for subscription on 23rd September 2021. Many of us might be hearing about Indel Money Limited for first time. Indel Money is a non-deposit taking nonsystematic NBFC in India. It offers up to 12% coupon interest rates and up to 12.68% yield which are attractive. These NCDs are offered for 366 days to 71 months tenure. Interest is paid either monthly or yearly or on maturity. Should you invest in Indel Money NCD September 2021? What are the risk factors one should consider before investing in such high risk NCDs? This article would provide complete review about the NCDs.
About Indel Money Limited
They are a non-deposit taking and a non-systemically important non-banking finance company in India. Company is in gold loan sector lending money against the pledge of household gold jewelry in the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and the union territory of Puducherry.
They also provide loans against property, business loans and personal loans. Its Gold Loan portfolio FY21, FY20 and FY19 are 77.72%, 87.99% and 84.43% of its total loans and advances. They have a network of 191 branches spread in the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and the union territory of Puducherry.
Indel Money NCD Issue Details – Sep-2021
NCD Subscription opens on 23-Sep-2021 and closes on 18-Oct-2021. These NCDs are issued on first come first serve basis, hence the issue can close before the closure date if it is oversubscribed.
NCD’s are issued in 11 different options. These NCD’s are issued for 366 days, 18 months, 36 months, 54 months, 61 months and 71 months tenure.
Coupon interest rates are between 9.25% to 12%. Yield on these NCD bonds works out up to 12.68% (highest).
It offers both secured NCD and unsecured NCDs.
Interest is payable monthly or yearly or on maturity depending on the option chosen by the NCD investor.
The face value of the NCD bond is Rs 1000.
Minimum investment is for the 10 bonds. Means, you need to invest for a minimum of Rs 10,000. Beyond this you can invest in multiples of 1 bond.
These NCD bonds would be listed on BSE within 6 working days from the issue closure date. Hence these are somewhat liquid investments.
NRI’s cannot apply to this NCD subscription.
The base issue size for September 2021 NCD issue is Rs 75 Crores with an option to retain over subscription up to Rs 75 Crores totaling to Rs 150 Crores.
Vivro Financial Services is the lead manager for the issue.
Indel Money NCD – Sep-2021 issue – Interest rates
What are the credit ratings for these NCDs?
These NCDs have been rated as BBB/Stable: Outlook Stable by CRISIL Ratings which indicates that instruments with this rating are considered to have moderate degree of safety regarding timely servicing of financial obligations. Such instruments carry moderate credit risk.
How is the company doing in terms of profits?
Here are the details of profits of the company.
Year ending Mar-2019 – Rs 1.56 Crores
Year ending Mar-2020 – Rs 2.19 Crores
Year ending Mar-2021 – Rs 9.49 Crores
Why to invest in Indel Money NCD’s?
1) Indel Money NCD’s offer attractive interest rates where investors can get high interest up to 12% per annum and yield up to 12.68%.
2) Indel Money Limited is generating consistent and improved margins. This means that company has ability to pay interest payment on time to its NCD holders without any delay. However, one should note that the margins are thin.
3) It issues both secured and unsecured NCDs. Secured NCDs are safe compared to unsecured NCDs. In case company gets wind-up/shut down for some reason, secured NCD investors would get preference in repayment of capital along with interest as those backed up by assets of the company. Hence it is safe to invest in such secured NCD options.
Why not to invest in Indel Money NCD?
1) The impact of Covid-19 pandemic on company business is uncertain and cannot be predicted.
2) Its business is capital intensive. Any disruption or restriction in raising financial resources would have material adverse effect on its liquidity and financials.
3) Company financial performance is primarily dependent on interest rate risk. If they are unable to manage interest rate risk in future, it can have adverse effect on its net interest margins.
4) Company faces increasing competition in its business which may result in declining interest margins. If they are unable to compete successfully, its market share can decline.
5) Volatility in the market price of gold may adversely affect company financial condition and results of operations.
6) Refer prospectus for complete risk factors.
How to apply Indel Money NCD bonds?
This issue is available in only in demat form. You can apply online or through any of the broker website where you are maintaining a demat account. Application forms can be downloaded on the lead manager web site. For more information on this you can refer prospectus.
You may like: Hawkins Cookers FD Scheme offers 8% interest Rates
Indel Money NCD Review – Should you invest or avoid?
Indel Money NCD’s offer high interest rates up to 12% and yield up to 12.68%. Banks are offering low interest rates, hence such NCDs with high interest rates would attract investors. These NCDs are rated as BBB/Stable by CRISIL Ratings which are considered as low rating. Such credit ratings can further fall in future. One should always invest in A rated NCDs. For me, this NCD issue is HIGH RISK considering the credit rating provided by credit rating agency. I would advise investors to stay away from such high risk NCDs as of now.
If you enjoyed this article, share this with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
- This Mutual Fund generated Highest SIP Returns in 5 years - September 24, 2022
- 9.73% Shriram Transport Finance FD Scheme in 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Best High Return Mutual Funds to invest in 2022-23 - September 17, 2022