Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Portfolio – April 2016
Indian Warren Buffet, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holds net worth of more than Rs 7,620 Crores / USD 1.15 Billion in Indian Stock market as of April, 2016. Rakesh started his investment in 1985 with Rs 5,000 / USD 100 and created more than USD 1.15 Billion portfolio now in India. How does Rakesh Jhunjhunwala create such healthy investment portfolio? What does Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Latest Stock Portfolio of April, 2016 talks about? Can we blindly follow his strategy and invest in the stock market now?
Who is Rakesh Jhunjhunwala?
Rakesh has born in 1960 and his father is an income tax officer. He started trading in stocks during his college days and become full time investor / trader after his education as a Chartered Accountant. He started trading in BSE when SENSEX was at 150. (Source Wikipedia).
What are the key milestones made by Rakesh Jhunjhunwala?
- He made first profit of Rs 5 Lakhs selling Tata tea shares in 1986. He brought 5,000 shares at Rs 43 and sold them at Rs 143 per share.
- He sold Sesa Goa shares at Rs 1,400 which he bought at Rs 27 per share
- He owns a stock trading firm “Rare enterprises” which is derived from two letters from his name (Rakesh) and his wife's name (Rekha)
- He invested Rs 5,000 / USD 100 in 1985 and investing continuously and made billion dollars. Many traders / investors admire him and become fans and followers.
- Current portfolio of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is Rs 7,300 Crores.
What are Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Stock trading strategies and from where he adopted them?
He got influenced by George Soros trading strategies, Marc Faber’s analysis of Eco history.
- He endorses the rule “trend is your friend”.
- His philosophy is “buy right and hold tight”.
- Invest in it, be patient.
- Invest in a business which you can understand.
- Forget multibaggers and free or paid tips.
- Never try to time the market.
- Stable stocks give only fixed returns comparable by bank FD’s, not appreciation.
- It is immaterial whether it is large cap / mid cap / small cap, invest in the stock you understand.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Latest Stock Portfolio – April 2016
Here is the latest list of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala stock portfolio. His top 5 holdings are Titan Company, Lupin, Crisil India, Aurobindo Pharma and NCC. Complete list is indicated below.
Should you blindly follow Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Latest Stock portfolio?
A lot of hard work has gone in from Rakesh’s team in building this best stock portfolio. There is no doubt that this portfolio is good and proven as healthy investment. However, one need to know “when to enter” the stock. If Rakesh Jhunjunwala has been investing for some time, his team would have brought this at a lower share price. Since the market is in boom now, we should realize this fact before entering at current levels. Buying these stocks during market corrections or through Systematic Equity Plan (SEP) every month could be a better idea.
Readers, what do you think about Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Latest Stock Portfolio? Are you investing in these stocks? If yes, what is your experience? Are you following any specific trading strategies to maximize returns from these stocks?
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Latest Stock Portfolio-2015
- Paras Defence IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - September 17, 2021
- Best Conservative Hybrid Mutual Funds to invest in 2021 - September 16, 2021
- NJ Launches Balanced Advantage Fund – Review [NFO] - September 14, 2021