Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan Review
My car insurance is going to expire in the next couple of months. I had some free time this week and was inquiring about some of the car insurance policies. One of the car insurance policy which I have seen as unique is Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan. This car insurance policy comes with several Add-ons which can help you to claim to the maximum extent of loss / repairs done. In this article, I would provide a complete review about Car Insurance Plan of Bharti Axa, its features, details about add-ons and major exclusions and step-by-step process of Bharti Axa Car Insurance claim settlement process.
Main Features of Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan
1) Basic Cover of the car which includes
- Comprehensive coverage of car insurance from theft, damage by fire and damage by accident
- Third party liability if other people claim against you
- Personal Accident Coverage up to Rs 2 Lakhs for the driver in case of death or total disablement from accident
2) Road Side Assistance which includes
- On road assistance of break-down for minor repairs
- Towing your car to the nearest garage
- Assisting you in case of a flat tire
- Lost key support
- Emergency fuel assistance
3) Your vehicle insurance at Bharti AXA offers you cashless servicing across India
What are the special Add-ons which you can customize for your car insurance?
1) Depreciation coverage: You can claim 100% of value replaced due to damage without any deductions.
2) Full Insurance Coverage: You can claim full insurance coverage for theft or loss of your vehicle which includes road tax and insurance amount too. Means you would get on-road price back to you.
3) Medical Expenses: You can claim Rs 10,000 per person for injured which includes for driver and passengers who are travelling due accident towards medical expenses.
4) Personal Accident Coverage: Rs 1 Lakh for each passenger travelling during accident in case of death or total permanent disability or partial disability.
5) Hospital Cash: In case of hospitalized after accident and not able to go to work, you can claim Rs 1,000 per day for maximum 30 days which is for out of pocket expenses.
Are there any discounts on premiums for car insurance taken online?
You can get additional discounts for car insurance taken online for the following:
- ARAI approved anti-theft device
- Voluntary deductibles
What is not covered in Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan?
The following are not covered as part of this plan.
- Common wear and tear.
- Loss / Damage due to depreciation of vehicle.
- Electrical / mechanical breakdown of vehicle.
- Loss of vehicle outside geographical boundaries of India.
- Loss / Damage of vehicle caused when driving under intoxication.
- Damage of the vehicle caused without a valid driving license.
- Loss / Damage of vehicle during nuclear risks.
What is the process of claim in case of damage or theft of vehicle?
In case your vehicle is stolen or damaged due to accident, you can follow the below process.
Step-1 – Notify your claim at 080 4912 3900 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You would get registration no for your claim. You can keep below details ready when you are calling them, which you can help you to speed up the process
- Your contact number
- Policy number / vehicle number
- Date and time of loss / damage of your vehicle
- Location where it occurred
- Nature and extent of the loss
- Nature of injury (if any)
Step-2 – Send your vehicle for repair along with necessary documents which includes claim form, self attested RC book and copy of driving license, FIR/Charge sheet in case of accident etc.
Step-3 – Surveyor inspects your vehicle and provides spot approval. Get your vehicle repair done
Complete brochure of Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan can be downloaded from here
Conclusion: While these add-ons are good, but they come with an additional charge. Bharti Axa insurance policies come with low premiums. You can review this policy and consider if this suits you better. I am not yet made decision about considering this plan as I am still reviewing some more plans.
If you enjoyed this article, share this with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Bharti Axa Car Insurance Plan
Note: I am not well and taking help of family members to type and post article on this blog. You may see delay in responding to comments