Adhiban Nidhi FD Scheme – Is it safe to invest in this FD?
Recently one of our reader Mr. Vasudev wanted to invest in Adhiban Nidhi Fixed Deposits and asked us to review. Adhiban Nidhi Fixed Deposits offer up to 11% interest rates for regular investors and 11.5% for Senior Citizens. Currently banks or company fixed deposits are offering up to 8% interest rates. Hence investors would get tempted with any fixed deposits which offers such high interest rates. Should you invest in Adhiban Nidhi Fixed Deposits in 2021? Is it safe to invest in Adhiban FDs? What are the risk factors an investor need to consider before investing in such fixed deposits. This post is based on request from Mr.Vasudev on “Suggest a topic”.
Overview about Adhiban Mutual Benefit Nidhi Limited (Adhiban Nidhi)
Adhiban is financial services company based out of Coimbatore.
Adhiban is a financial strategy consulting and services firm which helps create bottom-line value improvements.
Its diverse business model includes personal and business financial services comprise project finance, business loans, NRI investments, life insurance policy plans, general insurance plans, company secretary services, mutual funds, chit funds, etc.
Company corporate address is: No: 63, 1st Floor, KPM Commercial Center, Bharathiyar Road, Pappanaikenpalayam, Coimbatore 641037.
Contact no’s: +91 422 495 0015 / +91 98430 77088; WhatsApp: +91 801 200 0015; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features of Adhiban Nidhi Fixed Deposits
Fixed deposits are offered for 1 years to 5 years tenure.
Current FD interest rates are between 10% to 11% for general category.
Senior Citizens / Women would get 0.5% extra interest rates. Means they would get up to 11.5% interest rates.
It also offers recurring deposits where interest rates ranging 9.5% to 10.5% for regular investors and 10% to 11.5% for senior citizens/women.
The entire process is offline, and you cannot invest online.
You can view more info at Adhiban Nidhi website.
What are the interest rates in Adhiban Nidhi FD?
Here are the Adhiban Nidhi FD interest rates for generate category and for Sr. Citizens/Women.
Why to invest in these Fixed Deposits?
Here are the positive factors.
1) Adhiban FD offers high interest rates compared to banks or company fixed deposits.
2) It offers interest rates of up to 11.5% for senior citizens. Currently banks are offering interest rates up to 7.5% for senior citizens. Even small finance banks or company FD schemes offer up to 8% only.
3) One has flexibility to invest for 1 year to 5 years tenure in such fixed deposits.
Risk Factors of investing in Adhiban Nidhi FD Schemes
Here are the major risk factors of investing in this FD scheme
1) As per my mail to company, it says they are registered with ministry of affairs and falls under Nidhi company and eligible to accept deposits from its members. Investors had bad experience with Nidhi companies earlier.
2) Investing in NBFC which is not registered with RBI is high risk. Your hard-earned money can get stuck with such companies in future.
Is it safe to invest in Adhiban Nidhi FD?
We have written to company about the registration of company and here is the response from them (this section is updated on 7-Jul-2021).
This company is registered with Ministry of Affairs and is classified as Nidhi company. Nidhi companies that are classified as “mutual benefit financial companies“ (620-A of companies act) can accept deposits from its members based on certain guidelines.
You may like: Post Office FD Schemes – Features and Interest Rates
Should you invest in Adhiban Nidhi Fixed Deposits?
Adhiban Nidhi fixed deposit offer high interest rates up to 11% for regular investors and 11.5% for senior citizens. It offers flexible FD tenures starting from 1 year to 5 years. As per the company clarification, it is registered with ministry of affairs and falls under Nidhi company i.e. mutual benefit financial companies (620A) and can accept deposits from its members. Company FDs are always high risk. Investors should consider all these risk factors before investing in such fixed deposit schemes.
Have you liked our tips and analysis? Then share it on your Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and other social media which might be useful to your friends too.
- Fino Payments Bank IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - October 26, 2021
- Sovereign Gold Bonds – Series VII (2021-22) – Should you buy or avoid? - October 26, 2021
- Nykaa (FSN e-Commerce Ventures) IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - October 23, 2021