Overview – Top 10 diversified mutual funds in India for 2013
There is a negative impression for some of my friends about mutual funds investments in current scenario. Stock markets (SENSEX) have given 8% overall return in the last 3 years which would mean less than 3% per annum. However, I am positive on the diversified mutual funds investments. When I was analyzing the top diversified mutual funds, they have given annualized returns of 9% to 16% in the last 3 years.
What are diversified mutual funds?
Diversified mutual funds invest the money across all the sectors stocks like Banking, Financial services, manufacturing, Pharma, Technology, Healthcare, airlines etc. However the average annual returns among diversified mutual funds are only 4.5%. There are several diversified mutual funds who are under performers and can be eliminated from the group to arrive at actual average returns among the diversified funds.
How we have chosen the best diversified mutual funds:
- Past performance: We have considered past performance where the mutual fund has yielded 9% to 16% annualized returns. When Sensex has given 3% annualized returns in the last 3 years, annualised returns of 9%+ would definitely be a good investment options.
- Crisil rating: These are rated by Crisil as rank-1 and rank-2, hence it provides highest safety compared to other diversified mutual funds.
- High Assets under management (AUM) : High AUM refers that more people are investing in such mutual funds as it gained confidence from large investors. We have considered AUM > Rs 85 crores for the purpose of choosing the best diversified mutual funds.
- Long term players: All these mutual funds are existing for more than 5 years, hence they are long term players.
Top 10 diversified mutual funds in India which can be invested for 2013
Conclusion: Investment in stock markets are high risky. However under volatile or stagnant market conditions investing in diversified mutual funds are one of the best investment options. Invest in these top 10 diversified mutual funds where Crisil has ranked as Rank-1 and Rank-2 which provides a highest safety for the investments.
Readers, are you investing in these diversified mutual funds in India? Please give your comments
If you found this article is good, share the link in Twitter/Face book. The links are provided below.
Disclaimer: Mutual fund investments are risky. Past performance, may or may not repeat in future. Please consult your financial planning advisor before you take an investment decision.
- Tega Industries IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - November 27, 2021
- Star Health Insurance IPO – Should you invest in this IPO backed by Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? - November 29, 2021
- Tata Corporate Bond Fund invests in AA+ Rated Bonds – Who can invest in this NFO? - November 23, 2021