SEBI Tightens corporate disclosure norms, Muthoot 12.25% NCD hit market, Shriram City Union Finance 11.5% NCD issue to open this Monday, FII’s pumping money in stock markets, NHB planning for tax free bonds in Dec are some of the top news this week.
Whatz happening in Financial Markets?
The Stock market SENSEX has lost 182 points this week and SENSEX currently is at 20,217 levels. In last 2 weeks it lost more than 449 points.
Top 5 Gainers are Tata Steel-4.4%, Jindal-3.9%, ONGC-3%, Hindalco-2.7%, L&T-2.6%
Top 5 Losers are Sesa Sterlite-9%, Bajaj Auto 7%, Cipla 5%, Sun Pharma 4% and Hero moto-3.4%
If you observe thought market has been falling in last 3 weeks, the stocks which took a beating in last week continued to take beating this week too. This is an indication that we should avoid entering into such stocks next week.
The rupee has appreciated this week against the dollar. Currently trading at Rs 62.87 / Dollar comparing to previous week of Rs 63.11 / Dollar.
Top Newz in the investment world
1) SENSEX jumps up for China news: China is proposed to sweep away decarde of stifling state control on various aspects of economic and social activity. Surprising, Indian SENSEX jumped by 451 points due to this news on last Monday.
2) FB acknowledges decline in FB likes: FB CFO has acknowledged that there is decline in FB likes on Facebook. Such decline in FB likes indicates less interest by FB users and this would be impact the financials of the company.
3) Muthoot Finance NCD opens up for subscription: Muthoot Finance NCD (Secured and un-secured) which offers high interest up to 12.25% has been started for subscription on 18-Nov-13. Muthoot Finance unsecured NCD would double your money in 6 years and rated as AA- by rating agencies.
4) Shriram City Union Finance NCD offers 11.5%: Shriram City Union Finance which is part of Shriram Group is coming up with secured NCD which offers interest rate up to 11.5%. The issue opens up for subscription on Monday. Since these are secured and rated as AA by CARE, investors can look for Shriram City Union Finance NCD's them for subscription.
5) FII’s net buyer for 4K Crore between 1-12 Nov: SEBI has released a note that FII’s activity which indicates that they are net buyers for 4K Crores in Indian stock market. Despite of this, SENSEX has been losing in the last 3 weeks. FII’s pulled money from debt market and pumped money into stock markets during this period.
6) SEBI proposes new ESOP norms: SEBI this week proposed new ESOP guidelines. New set of regulations help companies to give ESOP’s to its staff members and existing norms would be eased. SEBI requested comments from the public on this issue.
7) Sugar stocks rally: This week sugar stocks rallied on the news that members of union ministers are meeting to discuss about a relief package for sugar industry which is in crisis today. The expectation is that sugar industries would receive interest free loans to run the companies.
8) NHB tax free bonds planned in Dec-13: National Housing Bank (NHB) is planning to raise Rs 2,100 Crores in the single tranche by the second week of December. Out of this 70% would be reserved for retail investors.
9) SEBI tightens corporate disclosure norms: This week SEBI has tightened corporate disclosure rules. Companies need to give complete details of promoters, key management staff who would take care of compliance. Stock exchanges also supposed to hold all data about listed companies in print media. Any omitted data would be considered seriously. SEBI would deploy more manpower to track such disclosure norms.
8) Gold and Silver: Gold prices have increased by 1.5% and Silver prices have fallen by 1% this week. Current gold prices are at Rs 30,810 for 10 grams. Silver is at Rs 46,280 per KG.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Top Newz in the investment world
- 5 Mutual Funds with Consistent Positive Returns in 9 out of 12 Months - June 8, 2023
- How to Use Credit Cards to Improve Credit Score? - June 7, 2023
- 11 Genuine Ways to Make Money in Free Time (Online + Offline) - June 5, 2023
This would be out of the topic for this post but it would be important.
Can we invest in US market oriented Mutual funds now ?
As there is unertainity in domestic markets and US markets have returned aroud 30-50% in past year, can one consider nvesting in US market related Mutual funds Now ?
Shiv, I feel every investor can have part of their portfolio in global / international mutual funds. US Market is satured now and you may not see new peaks in short term. If you still want to invest you can look for Motilal Most shares NASDAQ 100 ETF fund or ICICI Pru bluechip US equity fund