Axis MF Launches Children Gift Mutual Fund
Axis Mutual Fund has launched Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund, a unique mutual fund scheme that can be invested exclusively in minors name. In this mutual fund scheme, parents or legal guardian can invest on behalf of minor children. Axis AMC got necessary approvals from SEBI about this specific mutual fund scheme. What are the features of Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund exclusively made for minors? Should you invest in such mutual fund schemes for your children education or daughter marriage plans?
Features of Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund Scheme which is for minors
- This scheme NFO would open for subscription from 18th November, 2015 and closes on 2nd December, 2015.
- Parents / Grand Parents / Legal Guardians on behalf of their minor children can invest in this mutual fund scheme.
- Parents / Legal Guardian can gift any number of mutual fund units and there is no cap. Axis Mutual Fund got specific exemption from market regulator SEBI which allows a ‘donor’ (parent, grand parent or legal guardian) to gift any number of units to his minor account.
- This mutual fund scheme portfolio invests in equity + equity derivatives between 40% to 60%, debt/debt derivatives between 25% to 55% and cash future arbitrage opportunities for 5% to 15%.
- This scheme is available in regular or direct plans like any other MF scheme.
- This scheme comes with 2 sub-plans, with lock-in and without lock period.
- Minimum application amount is Rs 5,000.
Also Read: Which are the best Children Investment Options in India?
What are the 2 sub-plans available in Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund?
This mutual fund scheme comes with 2 sub-plans.
1) Compulsory lock-in of 3 years and no lock-in period.
2) No lock-in period plan comes with exit load of 3% if redeemed within 1 year, 2% if redeemed within 2 years and 1% if redeemed within 3 years.
3) Compulsory lock-in is for 3 years or till minor attains 18 year of age, which ever is later. No exit load is application on this sub-plan.
How this Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund is benchmarked for comparing returns?
This mutual fund scheme returns are compared with customized benchmark. It includes 50% of NIFTY50 and 50% of CRISIL composite bond fund index. Based on this customized benchmark, future returns of this MF scheme would be compared.
Can one invest after NFO closes on 2nd December, 2015?
NFO closes on 2nd December, 2015. One can invest in such scheme through regular on going subscription too from 14th December, 2015 onwards like any other MF scheme.
Should you invest in Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund exclusive made for Minors?
This mutual fund scheme invests upto 60% in equity and balance upto 40% in debt/arbitrage opportunities. This is more or less equivalent to Balanced Fund which invests upto 65% in equity and balance in debt, however comes with unique option of investing in minors name. This is unique mutual fund scheme among the schemes available now. Since this is a NFO, we cannot say how the MF scheme would perform in future. These children mutual funds have been giving 6% to 9% annualized returns, hence performance wise, they would be lagging behind other variants of mutual fund schemes. I would personally invest in top balanced funds like HDFC Balanced fund, ICICI Balanced Fund or Tata Balanced fund compared to this goal based children mutual fund.
Readers, what are your views about this unqiue minor based children mutual fund scheme? Do you feel this would provide superior returns compared to other variants of mutual fund schemes currently available in the market?
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
Axis Children Gift Mutual Fund
- 11 Genuine Ways to Make Money in Free Time (Online + Offline) - June 5, 2023
- 17 Best Debt Mutual Funds to invest in 2023 (as per ChatGPT) - June 3, 2023
- Indel Money NCD Bonds June 2023 – Doubling Investment in 6 Years - June 2, 2023
Respected Suresh Sir,
I wanted to start investment for my newly born daughter. I’m confuse between PPF & SIP. If I start SIP what kind of fund should I select? My time frame is 15 years from now. Investment amount 1500 to 2000 per month. Please give me 3 to 4 funds options. Or tel me PPF is better than SIP. Thanks.
Vikas, It depends. If you are looking even for tax saving, PPF is best. Alternatively yu can invest in mutual funds in large cap and mid-cap segment. Since you are planning or 15 years, these funds would definitely be a best bet. Invest in top funds in this segment.
Is it possible to invest as SIP for long term in this fund ?
You can invest in this through SIP, however like I indicated, there are better funds. If you are exclusively looking to invest in your minor child name, you can do that. Instead you can invest in large cap funds and keep your minor child as nominee.