Glenmark Life Sciences IPO – Dates, Issue Details, GMP, Review, Analysis, Invest or Avoid
Glenmark Life Sciences is coming up with IPO that would open for subscription on 27th July 2021. Glenmark Life Sciences Limited is the leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). Company generated strong revenue and margin growth in the last 3 years. Investors has been waiting for Glenmark Life Sciences IPO expected date for some time and finally it is opening on 27th July, 2021. In this article we would provide details of Glenmark Life Sciences IPO , issue details, IPO dates, promoter’s information, objects of the IPO issue, what we like, Risk Factors, Review, Analysis and whether one should invest or not.
About Glenmark Life Sciences Limited
Glenmark Life Sciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited.
It is the leading developer and manufacturer of select high value, non-commoditized active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in chronic therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular disease, central nervous system, pain management and diabetes. They also manufacture and sell APIs for gastro-intestinal disorders, anti-infectives and other therapeutic areas.
Currently its products are sold in India and exported to Europe, North America, Latin America, Japan, etc. It has 4 manufacturing facilities at Ankleshwar and Dahej in Gujarat and Mohol and Kurkumbh in Maharashtra State with an aggregate annual installed capacity of 725.8 KL as of 31st December 2020.
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO date and issue details
|IPO Opening Date||27-Jul-21|
|IPO Closing Date||29-Jul-21|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Face Value||Rs 2 per equity share|
|IPO Price band||Rs 695 to Rs 720 per equity share|
|Lot Size||20 Shares|
|Min Order Quantity||20 Shares|
|Listing at||BSE and NSE|
|Issue Size||Total Size: Rs 1,513.6 Crores
i) OFS: Rs 453.6 Crores
ii) Fresh Issue: Rs 1,060 Crores
Glenmark Life Sciences Limited competitive strengths
1) It is leading manufacturer of selected specialized APIs for chronic therapeutic areas like CVS, CNS, diabetes, and pain management.
2) It exports products in Europe, Latin America, North America, Japan, and the rest of the world.
3) It has strong relationship with leading global generic companies.
4) Company has proven track record of strong financial performance.
5) High-quality product manufacturing with R&D infrastructure.
Objects of the IPO
It has two objects of the offer:
1) Offer for Sale (OFS) Rs 453.6 Crores: Under OFS selling shareholders would sell the shares and company would not get any proceeds from the issue.
2) Fresh issue of Rs 1,060 Crores:
i) To make payment of outstanding purchase consideration to the promoter for the spin-off of the API business from the promoter into the company.
ii) To finance capital expenditure requirements.
iii) To meet general corporate purposes.
Company promoters and Financial Performance
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited is the promoter of this company.
Let us check the revenue and profit details from Glenmark Life Sciences financial statements for the past 3 years.
|Period ending||Total Revenues (Rs in Mns)||Profits after tax
(Rs in Mns)
What we like in Glenmark Life Sciences?
Here are the positive factors what we liked in this company.
1) Company has posted strong revenue growth in the last 3 years. Company revenues increased from Rs 886.8 Crores in FY2019 to Rs 1,885.9 Crores in FY2021.
2) Company has posted strong growth in margins in the last 3 years. Its margins improved from Rs 195.5 Crores in FY2019 to Rs 351.5 Crores in FY2021.
3) Glenmark Life Sciences Limited is the leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
4) Company prospects look promising. It has leadership in select high value, non commoditized APIs in Chronic Therapeutic areas, strong relationship with global generic companies and quality focused manufacturing and R&D Infrastructure.
Risk Factors in Glenmark Life Sciences
1) Company manufacturing or quality control problems may subject to regulatory action which can damage company reputation and have adverse effect on company operations and financial condition.
2) Its business is dependent on sale of its products to its key customers. Any loss of its key customers can deteriorate its financial condition and prospects.
3) Company derives significant revenue from API business which has limited number of therapeutic categories. Its key product generates significant portion of total revenue. If these businesses do not perform well as expected, it can have impact on company financial condition.
4) Covid-19 or future pandemic can materially and adversely impact company business.
5) Its promoters and directors are involved in certain legal and regulatory proceedings. Any adverse decision in such proceedings may have material impact on business and financial condition of the company.
6) Investors should read complete risk factors indicated in the RHP of the IPO document before investing in this IPO.
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO Timetable (Tentative)
|Finalization of Allotment||03-Aug-21|
|Initiation of Refunds||04-Aug-21|
|Credit to Demat Account||05-Aug-21|
|IPO Shares Listing Date||06-Aug-21|
IPO Price Valuations of Glenmark LifeScience
Its price band is Rs 695 to Rs 720.
1) On the upper price band of Rs 720 and EPS of Rs 32.61 for FY21, the P/E ratio works out to be 22x.
2) For the last 3 years average EPS of Rs 30.09, the P/E ratio is 24x.
3) Means, the company is asking price of Rs 720 on the upper price band in the P/E range of 22x to 24x.
5) There are listed peers like Divis Labs where it is trading at P/E 65x (Highest) and Aarti Drugs at P/E of 24x (Lowest) and industry average P/E is 36.7x.
Hence Glenmark Life Sciences Share Price of Rs 720 of upper price-band is reasonably priced.
Note that Glenmark Life Sciences IPO Shareholders quota (if you are holding Glenmark Pharma shares) is not available now. This was indicated in Draft prospectus (DRHP), however removed in Red Herring Prospectus (RHP).
What is the Grey Market Premium (GMP) today?
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO grey market premium (GMP) today is at Rs 250 per share. GMP is nothing but the premium at which the shares are trading in offline market.
GMP as per Sonal Patel IPO Mentor on Chittorgarh – Rs 218 -222 (per share)
GMP as per Eagle Eye IPO Guru on Chittorgarh – Rs 250 +/- 2 per share
GMP as per IPO Watch – Rs 250 per share.
GMP as per Top10stockbroker – Rs 250 per share
However, Glenmark Life Sciences IPO GMP as per Chanakyanipothi is much higher at Rs 295 per share.
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO Review – Should you invest?
You might be wondering whether you should buy this IPO or not.
Glenmark Life Sciences Limited is the leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
Company generated strong revenue and margin growth in the last 3 years.
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO price is reasonably priced.
Considering all these positive factors, investors can subscribe to this IPO for short term to long term perspective.
Did you like our IPO Analysis, then share it with your friends on WhatsApp, FB, Twitter and Telegram?
- Fino Payments Bank IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - October 26, 2021
- Sovereign Gold Bonds – Series VII (2021-22) – Should you buy or avoid? - October 26, 2021
- Nykaa (FSN e-Commerce Ventures) IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - October 23, 2021