ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance – Is it a complete health insurance plan?
ICICI Lombard offers policy named iHealth complete health insurance plan. There are several individuals these days who are opting for ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance these days compared to other health insurance plans owing to its unique features. What are the features of ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan? What are optional add on cover available in ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance? What is the waiting period for pre-existing disease coverage in ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance? Should you opt for ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance Plan or not?
enter site Why do we need health insurance plan?
You can skip this section if you are already clear that health insurance plan is must.
When there is illness to you or to your family members, high hospitalization expenses or medical bills can empty to your pocket and screwup your financial life. Here comes health insurance plan. Health Insurance plan would protect you for high paid hospital expenses.
Many experts believe that ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance is one of the best family floater health insurance policies in India. It is a comprehensive plan designed to care of the health expenses you and your family at the time of emergency and planned hospitalization and treatments. It offers health insurance for senior citizens, takes care of maternity expenses, covers new born baby and much more.
1) The company offers a wide range of sum insured starting from Rs. 3 lakh to 50 lakh as per one’s needs.
2) Pre-existing diseases will be covered immediately after 2 years of continuous coverage under the policy.
3) The policy provides lifelong renewal.
4) No medical tests are required for insurance cover under the age of 46 years and sum assured up to Rs 10 lakh.
5) The tax deduction u/s 80C is available for the premium paid under a health insurance policy as per provisions of the Income Tax Act 1961.
6) The policy can be cancelled by giving a written notice within 15 days of receiving a policy.
7) The plan covers all the hospitalization expenses like room rent, doctor visit, anesthesia, blood, oxygen, etc. incurred during hospitalization of minimum 24 consecutive hours.
8) All the medical expenses incurred while undergoing surgeries or treatments mentioned in the subscriber list which require hospitalization of less than 24 hours.
9) All medical expenses incurred immediately 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization will be covered.
10) The benefit of cashless hospitalization can be availed at any of the company’s network of hospitals. The list is provided at the official website of the company.
11) Expenses for yoga, Ayurveda, Unani and homeopathy treatment will only be covered only when they are incurred in a government recognized institute or hospital.
12) An additional sum insured of 10% of the annual sum insured is provided on each renewal for every claim-free year up to a maximum of 50%.
13) Reimbursement up to Rs. 1500 per hospitalization is provided for reasonable expenses incurred on availing an ambulance in an emergency condition.
14) The company provides for a free health check-up at designated center, one free check-up for every insured every year.
15) The company also runs a wellness program which intends to promote and reward you for your healthy behavior. All the activities that earn wellness points are tracked by the company.
Here is the eligibility to apply for this health insurance plan.
1) The minimum entry age to enter the policy is 6 years. Children between 3 months to 6 years can be covered under floater plan only.
2) There is no restriction on maximum entry age.
3) If you are above 18 years of age, you can buy a complete health insurance policy for yourself, your family members, children and parents.
4) If you wish to cover your child to be covered under the family floater, your child needs to be 3 months of age.
5) If you wish to have an individual policy for your child, he/she needs to be more than 6 years of age.
6) A policy bought to cover children aged between 3 months to 5 years should necessarily cover at least one adult too.
There are few optional add-ons available with the policy like a free health check-up, online chat with doctors, dietician and nutrition e-consultation, specialist e-consultation, consultation on physiotherapy, vaccination care, speech and audiology.
go site What is the waiting period for pre-existing disease coverage in ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance?
Pre-existing conditions or diseases will be covered immediately after 2 years of continuous coverage under the policy, if the policy is issued for the first time with ICICI Lombard. If the insured has been covered under a similar policy before opting this policy, the waiting period may reduce subject to portability regulations.
go to site What is ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance Reset Benefit?
The company will reset up to 100% of the base sum insured once in a policy year in case the sum insured, including the accrued additional sum insured is insufficient as a result of previous claims in that policy year. It is subject to certain conditions-
1) The reset amount can only be used for all future claims within the same policy year, not related to the illness or disease for which the claim has been paid in that policy year for the same person.
2) Reset will trigger for the first claim.
3) For individual policies, reset the sum assured will be available on an individual basis and for floater policies; it will be available on floater basis.
4) Any unutilized reset sum assured will not be carried forward in the subsequent policy year.
How to earn wellness points in this health insurance plan?
This insurance has come up with a unique wellness point program under their health insurance plan.
1) Collect relevant reports, or receipts and bills for specified category of activities under which you want to earn your wellness points.
2) Send the requisite documents along with duly filled submission form to the registered office.
3) There is an entire list of wellness activities and the points associated with them available at the website.
4) An acknowledgment will be sent to you to keep you updated regarding the status of your point accumulation request.
5) To track the earned points, one can call on toll free no. 1800 2666 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or one can even the website www.icicilombard.com and hit claims and wellness management.
6) The total wellness points earned by you will be sent to you through registered email id once in every 3 months.
7) Each wellness point is equivalent to 25 paise.
8) One can redeem the earned wellness points against reimbursement of medical expenses like consultation charges, medicine and drug etc. and any other expenses that are not covered any medical insurance.
What are the exclusions under the policy?
Like any other health insurance plan, even this plan comes with list of exclusions.
1) Any pre-existing disease will not be paid for first 24 months of continuous coverage.
2) Any illness detected within 30 days of inception of policy except for those incurred as a result of injury.
3) Any medical expense incurred by you for treatment of the following illnesses within 24 months of continuous coverage-
Cataract subject to certain conditions
Arthritis, gout and spinal disorder
Varicose veins or varicose ulcers
Joint replacements unless due to accident
Stones in the urinary and billiary system
Deviated nasal septum
All types of internal congenital anomalies or illness or defects
Myomectomy, hysterectomy unless because of a malignancy
All types of hernia, hydrocele
Surgery on tonsils, adenoids, and sinuses
Gastric and duodenal erosions and ulcers
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Sinusitis and related disorders
Dialysis required for chronic renal failure
Fissures, fistula in anus, hemorrhoids, piles
All types of skin and internal tumors, cysts, nodules, polyps of any kind including breast lumps unless malignant.
Apart from these exclusions, there are certain permanent exclusions
Expenses attributed to self-inflicted injury like suicide or attempt to suicide
Expenses arising out of drug use or abuse
Cost of spectacles or contact lenses and dental treatment
Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS
Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy
How does cashless claim work under ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance?
The claims of ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance are serviced by its own claim processing portal named ICICI Lombard Health Care. This portal is an initiative to provide the best of services to the customers. In order to avail cashless services, just use your health card at ICICI Lombard Health Care network hospitals or you call on 24 hour toll free no. 1800 2666.
For treatment in non-cashless hospitals, the claim form should be duly filled after discharge from the hospital along with listed documents and sent to their registered office.
Should you opt for ICICI Lombard iHealth Insurance Plan or not?
ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance is a comprehensive insurance plan that provides complete health cover for you and your family. While there are good features in this health insurance plan, premiums are on little higher side based on the basic features and any additional add-ons to be availed. One can compare the features with any other plans based on age and features which you intend to take and decide whether this plan is coming to you at lesser cost or not.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
ICICI Lombard iHealth Complete Health Insurance Plan Review