HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan – Should you opt?
HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan – Should you opt?
HDFC Life and Apollo Munich Health Insurance are the two well known companies in the field of health and life insurance. This time they have joined hands together to bring the benefits of health and life insurance in a single comprehensive and affordable policy, HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan. This basically a combo plan of life insurnace and health insurance. What are the features of HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Insurance? What are the unique benefits of HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan? What are the exclusions or negative factors in this insurance plan? Should you opt for HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Insurance Plan?
What is HDFC Click 2 Protect Health Plan?
HDFC Life Insurance and Apollo Munich Health have come together to launch “Click 2 Protect Health Plan” which provides both life and health cover under a single plan. Through a single policy paper, single medical test and single premium, customers can get both the products together which makes it very convenient for them.
Basically, under this plan, the customer can opt for both plans together. They have to decide for different premiums, different eligibility, etc. for both the products but in a single document.
Features of HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan
Here are the features of this insurance plan:
1) This plan provides financial protection at an affordable cost.
2) You can choose from a choice of 9 plan options.
3) In case of Accidental Total Permanent Disability all future premiums are waived.
4) Protection for Life with lifelong protection options
5) Life Stage Protection offers to increase the insurance cover on certain key milestones without medicals
6) Flexibility to increase your cover every year through top-up option
7) Special discounted premiums for female lives
8) Special reduction in premium rates for non-tobacco users
9) It provides a tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Also Read: Should you buy Term Insurance Plans Online?
Benefits under HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan
Here are the key benefits in Protection Option of the plan.
1) There is no death benefit available under the health section of the policy.
2) There is a unique Restore benefit that automatically reinstates the basic sum insured in case you exhaust it in a policy year.
3) Optima Restore helps you keep track of your health status with its preventive health check up benefit offered at renewal irrespective of claim status. The health check up benefit is available once in 2 years on sum insured of Rs 5 lakh and once every year on sum insured of Rs 10 lakh & above.
4) If you had a claim free year, the basic sum insured will be increased by 50% as no claim bonus and to add more, if there is yet another claim free year, the basic sum assured is doubled i.e. 100% of the basic sum assured.
5) The policy offers you easy portability from the health insurance policy from another insurer to Apollo Munich with all your accrued benefit after due allowances for the waiting period. Portability section is applicable only for health section and not the protection section.
6) You can opt to cover yourself worldwide at its network centers against treatment expenses for 8 major illnesses. The rider offers you a freedom to not only avail best health care services world over, but also covers all travel costs for the insured and accompanying relative; accommodation expenses; second opinion & post hospitalization expenses.
Here are the key benefits in Health Option of the plan.
1) This plan comes from Restore benefit, which is the unique benefit that automatically reinstates the basic sum insured in case you exhaust it in a policy year.
2) It comes with Multiplier benefit, that will increase your basic sum insured by 50% for every claim free year up to 100% of the basic sum insured
3) It comes with Stay Active benefit, simply walk your way to good health and earn up to 8% discount on your renewal premium.
4) The plan has Preventive Health Check that keep track of your health status with its preventive health check up benefit offered at renewal irrespective of claim status.
5) It offers Lifelong renewal coverage on continuous renewal and stay covered forever.
6) No sub-limit on room rent
7) Offers Cashless treatment across 4500 + network hospitals in over 830 cities.
8) You don’t have to worry about claim pre-authorization, 90% of pre authorized are done within 2 hours.
9) You can avail tax benefits for the premium amount under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 2961.
Who is eligible to take HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Insurance Plan?
1) The minimum entry age to enter this policy is 91 days and maximum is 65 years.
2) The term of the policy is 1 a year or 2 years (sum insured and benefits will be applicable on a policy year basis).
3) There is no maturity age. The policy continues as long as you get it renewed.
4) The sum assured is 3 lakh / 5 lakh / 10 lakh / 15 lakh / 20 lakh / 25 lakh / 50 lakh for a health plan option. For Protection, it comes from Rs 10 Lakhs and no limit on the maximum sum assured.
What are the plan options available in this plan?
This plan comes to protection as well as health benefits. Here are the options available in this plan.
1. Life Option
2. 3D Life Option
3. Extra Life Option
4. Income Option
5. Extra Life Income Option
6. Income Replacement Option
7. Return of Premium Option
8. Life Long Protection Option
9. 3D Life Long Protection Option
You shall have to choose an option at the inception of the policy. The option once selected cannot be changed at a later date.
HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan explained with an example
Mr. Saurabh is a 30 year working as a software engineer. He buys a Click 2 Protect Health Plan (Protection and Health) with Life sum assured of Rs 1 Crore for 40 years and health cover of Rs 5 Lakhs.
1) After 2 claim free years, the health cover is increased by 100%, i.e. Rs 5 Lakhs coverage is increased to Rs 10 Lakhs. Mr. Saurabh mets with accident after 5 years of taking the policy and he gets permanently disabled. His family would get Rs 10 Lakhs towards hospital expenses as reimbursement. His policy would continue and all future premiums are waived off.
2) Mr. Saurabh dies due to illness after 10 years. In such case Sum Assured on Death paid as Lump Sum Benefit to the nominee and the policy terminates i.e. Rs 1 Crore is paid to the nominee.
Some of the FAQs about HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Insurance
How is this plan special and different from other plans?
This is basically a Combi plan, a plan which is a combination of a life plan and a health plan from two different insurers.
Is there any discount available?
A customer will get a 5 % discount on annual premiums paid towards both health and life. At any time of the validity of the policy, the customer opts to go out of the insurance cover of any one of the insurers, the discount will be discontinued.
Will I be able to port my existing plan to this plan?
Yes, the health part of the Click 2 Protect Health allows any health policy from any other insurer to be ported, subject to waiting periods.
How many members can be covered under Optima Restore Family Floater policy?
The maximum number of members included in a family floater is 4. The different combinations are adults, 2 adults+1 child, 2 adults + 2 children, 1 adult + 1 child, 1 adult+ 2 children and 1 adult + 3 children.
What is Stay Active Benefit?
It is a renewal discount offered by the company based on the based step count recorded in the mobile application provided by them in the specified time interval.
How can I avail the Stay Active Benefit?
You have to download the mobile application provided by the company using which steps taken by you are counted and recorded.
Who all can avail the Stay Active Benefit?
This benefit is applicable only to adult members of the policy. Dependent children are not considered in the calculation of average steps.
What happens when an adult member is added in the midterm of a floater policy?
For calculation of average steps and discount, steps walked by the new member are considered from the next time interval and not in the on-going time interval.
Is emergency air ambulance cover cashless?
No, it is not cashless. You will be paid either actual expenses or Rs. 2.5 lakh per hospitalization if all the specified conditions are satisfied.
You may like: Top 5 Health Insurance Plans with good features
Who will confirm whether the condition is life threatening or not?
It will be decided by the claims team during the claim process based on the certificates of the treating doctors and case papers for reimbursement.
Should you opt for HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan?
This is a combo plan of protection and health. Earlier, even SBI Life has come up with a such Combi plan but not that successful. We should ask one question to self. If you leave about Protection plan which is any ways available in the insurance market, do we need to combine health plan?. In future if you want to consider new health insurance plan what would really happen? You need to surrender the health plan. Instead of taking combo plan, why can’t you take Life Insurance and Health insurance separately? Think think think… You would agree with me on this…
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Health Plan – Should you opt