Delhivery IPO Review – Should you Subscribe or Avoid?
Delhivery IPO (Delhivery Limited IPO) Details
Delhivery is coming up with IPO, which would open for subscription on 11th May, 2022. Company provides a complete range of logistics services in India. Company generated strong revenue growth in the last 3 years and 9 months. However, the company has incurred losses in the past. Would this be like another PayTM for investors? Should you subscribe to Delhivery IPO or Avoid? What are the risk factors in this IPO? Is Delhivery IPO Valuation justified? Let me do this IPO review and provide complete analysis.
About Delhivery Limited
Company is the largest and fastest growing fully-integrated logistics services player in India by revenue as of Fiscal 2021.
Company aims to build the operating system for commerce. Its business is guided by three operating principles:
1) People-Centricity: Its infrastructure, network and technology enables them to solve supply-chain problems that affect millions of people every day.
2) Growth through partnership: They believe that systemic change requires cooperation and collaboration. Its infrastructure and technology capabilities are designed to be accessible to its partners in India and around the world.
3) Efficiency, always: Saving money for its customers allows them to do more with what they have. Company strive relentlessly for efficiency and for new ways to reduce costs throughout the supply chain.
Delhivery IPO – Dates, issue details, Size and Price Band
|IPO Opening Date||11-May-22|
|IPO Closing Date||13-May-22|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Face Value||Rs 1 per equity share|
|IPO Price band||Rs 462 to Rs 487 per equity share|
|Lot Size||30 Shares|
|Listing at||BSE and NSE|
|Total Issue Size||Rs. 5,235 Crores|
|Fresh issue||Rs. 4,000 Crores|
|OFS||Rs. 1,235 Crores|
|Employee Discount||Rs. 30 Per Share|
What are the competitive strengths of Delhivery Limited?
1) Rapid growth, extensive scale and improvement in unit economics
2) Its proprietary logistics operating system
3) Vast data intelligence capabilities
4) Its network design and engineering
5) Its integrated portfolio of logistics services
6) Strong relationships with a diverse customer base
7) Highly qualified and professional team
What are the Objects of the IPO Offer?
Delhivery IPO Size is Rs 5,235 Crores which contains both fresh issue and Offer for Sale (OFS).
1) Offer for Sale (OFS) Rs 1,235 Crores – Under OFS, selling shareholders would get entire money and the company would not get any funds.
2) Fresh Issue Rs 4,000 Crores: Fresh issue would be used for the following:
- Funding organic growth.
- Funding inorganic growth through acquisition and strategic initiatives.
- General corporate purposes.
Who are the promoters of Delhivery Limited?
Delhivery Limited is a professionally managed company with no identifiable promoters.
How is the company financial track record?
Here are the total assets, revenues and profits of the company in the last 3 years and 9 months.
|Financial Year ending / Period ending (Amt in Mns)|
|Profit After Tax||-17,833.0||-2,689.3||-4,157.4||-8,911.4|
*9months ending Dec-21
Positive Factors in Delhivery IPO
Here are the key reasons to invest in this IPO.
1) Company provides a full range of Logistics services which includes delivery of express parcel and heavy goods, PTL freight, TL freight, warehousing, supply chain solutions etc.
2) Company has seen rapid growth, scale and synergies across lines of business in the last few years.
3) Company has generated strong revenue growth in the last 3 years and 9 months.
Risk Factors of investing in Delhivery IPO
1) Company has been incurring losses in the last 3 years and 9 months. Company indicated in the RHP that such losses might continue in future too.
2) It has negative cash flows in the recent past.
3) Company relies on a scaled, automated and unified network infrastructure, largely comprising its logistics and transportation facilities for its business operations. If they cannot maintain or expand its network infrastructure, the company may not be able to manage the growth.
4) Disruptions to its logistics and transportation facilities could have a material impact on company business.
5) Investors should read complete risk factors indicated in the RHP before investing in this IPO.
Delhivery IPO valuation
Delhivery IPO price band is Rs 462 to 487 per share.
Company has been incurring losses in the last 3 years and 9 months hence one cannot compute P/E and cannot ascertain whether the Share price is underpriced or overpriced.
Delhivery IPO Dates – Subscription, Allotment and Listing Dates
|Finalization of Allotment||19-May-22|
|Initiation of Refunds||20-May-22|
|Credit to Demat Account||23-May-22|
|IPO Shares Listing Date||24-May-22|
How to buy Delhivery IPO online through Zerodha?
You can login to your demat account, visit the IPO section and apply for this IPO during the subscription dates.
You can also apply this IPO on Zerodha. If you do not have Zerodha account, sign-up here and proceed to the next step.
Zerodha customers can apply in this IPO by login into Zerodha Console submitting an IPO application form.
Follow below steps to apply this IPO in Zerodha platform:
1) Visit the Zerodha portal and login to Console.
2) Go to Portfolio and click the IPOs link.
3) Visit ‘Delhivery Limited IPO’ row and click the ‘Bid’ button.
4) Enter your UPI ID, Qty and the Price which you want to bid.
5) Click on ‘Submit’ IPO application form.
6) Visit the UPI App (net banking or BHIM) to approve the mandate.
You may like: 5 Multibagger Stocks – 1 Year Return upto 400%
Delhivery IPO – Should you Subscribe or Avoid?
Delhivery Limited provides a full range of logistic services in India.
Company has been showing rapid growth, scale and synergies across various lines of business. Such growth is depicted in the revenues in the last 3 years and 9 months.
However, company has been incurring losses in the past.
Since it is incurring losses, we cannot ascertain whether Delhivery IPO Share Price is underpriced or overpriced.
While the company has shown significant growth, considering some of these major risk factors, investors should stay away from such IPOs. If such company shares are available at discounted price post listing, one can re-assess and purchase at that time.
Source: Delhivery IPO Prospectus (RHP on SEBI Website)
Did you like our IPO Analysis, then share it with your friends on WhatsApp, FB, Twitter and Telegram?