IndiaMART InterMESH IPO – Should you Invest or Avoid?
IndiaMART InterMESH IPO Review
India’s largest B2B Online Market Place, IndiaMART InterMESH is coming up with an IPO next week. IndiaMART InterMESH IPO (IndiaMart IPO) would open for subscription on 24th June, 2019. Its revenues grew by 2.9x in the last 5 years. There is lot of IPO craze in India as it would give quick profits post listing of the shares. After 2 months there is one more mainline IPO came now subscription. What are the various positive factors an investor should consider before investing in IndiaMART InterMESH IPO? What are the hidden factors in this IPO? Should you invest in the IndiaMART IPO or avoid?
About IndiaMART InterMESH Limited
They are India’s largest online B2B marketplace for business products and services with approximately 60% market share of the online B2B classifieds space in India in fiscal 2017, according to the KPMG Report. They primarily operate through its product and supplier discovery marketplace, www.indiamart.com or “IndiaMART”. Its online marketplace provides a platform for mostly business buyers, to discover products and services and contact the suppliers of such business products and services. IndiaMART had an aggregate of 325.8 million, 552.6 million and 723.5 million visits in fiscals 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively, of which 204.8 million, 396.9 million and 550.3 million comprised mobile traffic, or 63%, 72% and 76% of total traffic, respectively
IndiaMART InterMESH IPO Issue details
What are the Objects of the IndiaMART InterMESH IPO?
The objects of the Offer are to achieve the benefit of listing the Equity Shares on the Stock Exchanges and for the sale of an aggregate of up to 4,887,862 Equity Shares by the Selling Shareholders. Further, the Company expects that listing of the Equity Shares will enhance its visibility and brand image and provide liquidity to its Shareholders. Listing will also provide a public market for the Equity shares in India. Company will not receive any proceeds from the Offer and the entire proceeds from the Offer will go to the Selling Shareholders, in proportion to the Equity Shares offered and sold by the respective Selling Shareholder in the Offer for Sale.
Who are the Company Promoters?
The Promoters of the company are Mr. Brijesh Agrawal and Mr. Dinesh Chandra Agarwal.
How company is doing in terms of Financial Performance (Reinstated-Unconsolidated)?
1) Company’s revenue increased from Rs 184.7 Crores for the year ended Mar-15 to Rs 533.2 Crores for the year ended Mar-19.
2) The company incurred losses for Rs 18.9 Crores for the year ended Mar-15 and recorded profits of Rs 12.5 Crores for the year ended Mar-19.
3) Its EPS for FY2019 is Rs 4.87 and 3 years average EPS is negative as it incurred losses.
What are the key strengths of IndiaMART InterMESH Limited?
Every investor should understand companies key strengths so that one can compare with its competitors to know how unique is such company. Investors decision would change based on these facts.
1) IndiaMART’s strong network effects and brand recognition drives leadership in the B2B marketplace in India.
2) Comprehensive, convenient and reliable platforms for buyers.
3) Efficient and effective marketing platform for suppliers.
4) Deep understanding of online trade and commerce in India that drives innovative solutions.
5) Robust mobile platform.
6) Experienced Management Team and Large Sales and Service Representatives Team with Proven Track Record of Performance.
What are the various strategies of IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd?
Company strategies would help investors to know what company is intending to do in the future and whether these strategies would help in revenue or margin growth. Such information would help for investors to decide whether to invest for short term, medium term or for the long term. Here are the company strategies.
1) Continue to increase the size of IndiaMART marketplace.
2) Attract larger suppliers and leading brands while growing its core SME segment supplier base.
3) Improve supplier engagement, services, retention and monetization.
4) Continue investing in its mobile platforms and capabilities.
Positive Factors to invest IndiaMART InterMESH Limited IPO (Indiamart IPO)
1) It shown strong revenue in the last 5 years where its revenues increased by 2.9x.
2) It is the largest B2B Online Market Place in India that has good brand.
Major risk Factors to consider before investing in this IndiaMart IPO
These risk factors can impact company revenue and margins which would affect its share price.
1) They had incurred significant operating losses in the past and they may not be able to improve its financial position or generate sufficient revenue to achieve a positive net worth.
2) If they are unable to maintain a critical mass of suppliers and buyers on its online marketplace, the perceived usefulness of its services may decline, and its business, revenue and prospects could suffer.
3) Competition from new and existing companies may reduce demand for its services or cause us to lose visitor traffic, market share or paying subscription suppliers, any of which could adversely affect its business, financial condition and results of operations.
4) Its business, financial condition, results of operations and cash flows could be materially and adversely affected if they are unable to retain existing paying subscription suppliers on or attract new paying subscription suppliers to IndiaMART.
5) This Red Herring Prospectus contains information from KPMG Research which they have commissioned.
6) They earn most of its revenue from Indian suppliers purchasing paid services on IndiaMART. Factors that adversely affect such Indian suppliers could have a material adverse effect on its business, financial condition, results of operations, cash flows and prospects.
7) Despite its intent and efforts to have genuine items listed/content available on its online marketplace, they have been and may continue to be subject to allegations and lawsuits or negative publicity claiming that items listed and the content available on its online marketplace are pirated, counterfeit or illegal.
8) They acquire a significant portion of its suppliers on IndiaMART through the unsolicited creation of supplier storefronts and such suppliers may refuse to consent to their information being made publicly available on its online marketplace, which may negatively affect its business and may subject us to various legal claims.
9) For complete internal and external risk factors, you can refer the RHP of the company.
IndiaMART InterMESH IPO Schedule
Offer Opens – 24-June-2019
Offer Closes – 26-June-2019
Finalization of Basis of Allotment – 1-July-2019
Unblocking of ABSA and Initiation of Refunds – 2-July-2019
Credit of shares to Demat Accounts – 3-July-2019
IPO Shares Listing Date – 4-July-2019
You may also like: Good Term Insurance Plans to consider in 2019
IndiaMART IPO – Should you Invest or Avoid?
If we consider its unconsolidated last year EPS of Rs 4.8 on the higher price band of Rs 970, the P/E works out to be 200x. P/E cannot be computed based on last 3 years average EPS as it is negative as a company has been incurring losses. There are no listed peers to check whether the issue price is highly priced or under priced. However, considering 200x of P/E is very high.
The company’s revenue grew at 2.9x in the last 5 years. It has been incurring loss in 4 out of 5 years. This company turned into profits only last year. The issue price is highly priced. Investors may or may not get listing gains. Personally, I would like to avoid such high priced IPOs that just turned into profits last year. In future if such profits continue and such company shares are available at discounted price, I would like to invest in such companies. Currently, it is clearly AVOID.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is for information only. This is not a recommendation to invest in this IPO. Please consult your investment advisor before you invest in such high risk IPOs.
If you like our IPO analysis, please share it with your friends through email, on Facebook or on Twitter. This would help us to reach a larger audience and we can provide more and more meaningful analysis in the coming IPOs.
IndiaMART InterMESH IPO – Should you Invest or Avoid
- Canara Robeco Focused Equity Fund NFO – Should you Subscribe? - April 15, 2021
- Quant MF Launches Quantamental Fund NFO – Should you Subscribe? - April 14, 2021
- Should I pay tax on Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGB)? - April 13, 2021