SPS Finquest SME IPO – Should you invest?
SPS Finquest Limited is coming up with an IPO to issue 33.44 Lakhs of shares @ Rs 75 per share aggregating to Rs 25.08 Crores. This NBFC company has been growing year on year. This SPS Finquest IPO has several positive points along with a few negative points. Should you invest in an SPS Finquest IPO? Do you think that your money could multiply in the next few years by investing in this SPS Finquest SME IPO?
About SPS Finquest Limited
SPS Finquest is a NBFC registered company with an RBI. It operates as a Non Deposit taking Non-Banking Finance Company engaged primarily in the business of advancing loans for investing/trading in securities. This company provides its shareholders with the opportunity to participate in the field of financing against equities and other financial instruments that provides a decent return on the capital deployed.
Issue details of SPS Finquest IPO
- IPO opens: 21-May-2014
- IPO closes: 23-May-2014
- Face value: Rs 10 per share
- Issue price: Rs 75
- Minimum bid: 1600 shares and multiples of 1600 shares thereon
- Minimum investment: Rs 120,000
- Listing: BSE SME platform
- Lead Managers: Networth Stock Broking Limited
- Download SPS Finquest IPO Prospectus here
Purpose of the IPO: The funds would be used for the following purposes.
- To augment capital base and repay existing high interest debt
- To meet issue related expenses
- The company has posted revenue of Rs 2.15 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2009 and Rs 787 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2013. First 9 months of this financial (FY 2013-14) it year made a revenue of Rs 598 Lakhs.
- The company has posted a profit of Rs 38,205 for the year ended Mar-09 Vs profit of Rs 36 Lakhs for the year ended Mar-2013. First 9 months of this financial year (FY 2013-14) it made a profit of Rs 42.68 Lakhs.
Reasons to invest in SPS Finquest IPO
- Good revenue growth in last 4-5 years.
- Good profit growth in the last few years
- The company intends the issue proceeds of Rs 25 Crores to be repaid to the debt for single company named Shri Shapoor Mistry (shareholder) for Rs 24.73 Crores. This company has given this loan @ 11% interest. Means SPS Finquest is making Rs 2.47 Crores as interest on such loan every year. If this is repaid, the interest burden would be reduced and this amount would be straight away moving as profit. This would be a good move for the company to reduce debt.
Reasons not to invest in SPS Finquest IPO
- Highly dependable on promoter performance.
- NBFC companies face defaults and non payment would impact profits.
- Loans held by the company are short term in nature which carries high interest rates.
- Revenue would be highly volatile due to business nature.
- The company posted a profit of Rs 36 Lakhs in FY 2012-13 which is 66% lower than FY 2011-12 profit.
- Face intense competitions in the business which may limit the growth
Recommendation / Investment strategy:
- EPS for the financial year ended Mar-2013 is Rs 9.36. Based on last financial year EPS of Rs 9.36, P/E ratio works out to be 8. This company has issued bonus shares to promoters and post bonus issue, P/E Ratio would be 24.11. The P/E ratio of its competitors BCB Finance Limited is 29.19 (Highest) and First Leasing Limited is 2.99 (Lowest). Hence the issue price is on the higher side.
- Though company has been growing, considering all negative points and high issue price, I would advice investors to stay away from this IPO.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
SPS Finquest SME IPO
- Am I eligible for Compound Interest Waiver on Loan during the moratorium period? - October 27, 2020
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Fixed Term Plan – Series SY (1259 days) – Who can invest? - October 26, 2020
- LIC New Jeevan Shanti (Pension Plan No 858) – Features, Benefits and Negative Factors - October 24, 2020