Top Newz for this week (30-Mar-2014)
Top Newz for this week (30-Mar-2014)
Experts say buy Gold, FMCG stocks losing shine due to slow down, Kotak Mahindra Bank Launches current a/c linked with Twitter account, RBI increases limits on Inflation indexed bonds, Women Next Lingerie IPO opened for subscription etc., are some of the top news this week in investment world and personal finance world in India.
Whatz happening in Financial Markets?
As expected by us last week, Sensex has gained 583 points this week. Currently SENSEX is at 22,340. Still, we expect that SENSEX may show new highs in coming weeks due to the elections ahead.
- Top 5 Gainers are SBI 12%, Hero Motocorp 9%, Coal India 9%, Bharti 8% and Tata power 8%
- Top 5 Losers Dr.Reddy 6%, Sun Pharma 3%, Wipro 3%, Infy 1% and TCS 1%.
The rupee is gaining momentum against the dollar. Currently trading at Rs 59.90 / dollar compared to the previous week of Rs 60.89 / dollar.
Top newz in the investment and personal finance world
1) Experts say buy Gold now: Several experts indicate that gold prices would fall down in coming weeks and this opportunity should be encashed. You might be thinking that gold prices are falling and whether it is right time to buy. If you are gold lover, my suggestion is to invest in gold in coming weeks. If my prediction is right, these gold prices would increase as soon as market crashes which should happen anytime after new government formation. This could be a good opportunity to buy even for short term investment of 6 months to 1 year.
2) RBI increases limit on Inflation Indexed bonds to Rs 10 Lakhs: Currently retail investors can invest up to Rs 5 Lakhs in Inflation indexed bonds of RBI. However, now RBI has doubled this limit and increased this to Rs 10 Lakhs. Currently these inflation indexed bonds are open for subscription upto 31-Mar-2014.
3) FMCG Companies cut new launches: As per a recent report, FMCG companies have cut down 5% of new launches in 2013 compared to previous year. However in 2012, the new launches were 35% of previous year(2011). Recently Dabur launched new product premium Chyawanprash which it launched in selected markets instead of launch at Indian level. Investors should be little cautious before investing in FMCG stocks or FMCG mutual funds due to slow down in FMCG sector now.
4) Women Next Lingerie IPO opened up for subscription: Women Next Lingerie Ltd, specialized in manufacturing women inner wear segment, its IPO has opened on 28th March for subscription. The issue price is Rs 65 which includes premium of RS 55 per share. This company has started 3 years back and showing a good growth in revenues and profits. We have indicated that high risk investors can invest in the IPO of Women Next Lingerie.
5) Kotak Bank launches new account linked with Twitter: This week Kotak Mahindra has launched a new current account which is linked with Twitter account for young generation. Account holder can put a cheque book request, check last transactions etc. using this twitter linked bank account. This move is to attract young generation who spend most of their time on social media sites like Twitter.
6) SC asks Sahara to pay Rs 10,000 Crores to get bail for Sahara Chief: Supreme Court has asked Sahara Management to pay Rs 5,000 Crore Cash and Rs 5,000 bank guarantee so that it can allow bail for Sahara Chief. Several investors who invested in Sahara Fixed Deposits are waiting for their money. This is a good example of what I call as “risk” if you invest in company fixed deposits.
7) R&B Denim IPO opens for subscription: R&B Denims IPO opened for subscription on 28th March and it would end on 4th April. It is issuing 37.1 Lakh shares @ Rs 10 each aggregating to Rs 3.71 Crores. We have indicated “not” to subscribe to this IPO in our analysis.
8) Rupee becomes stronger now @ 59.90 per dollar: Rupee ends eight month high on Dollar @ Rs 59.90 per dollar. Several factors like expectation of stable new government formation, positive data on the Current Account Deficit boosts the prospects of the Rupee.
9) Loha Ispaat IPO cancelled: Though QIB portion was oversubscribed, surprisingly, Loha Ispaat retail portion was subscribed for 38% only of the total issue amount. Hence Loha Ispaat IPO is cancelled.
10) Gold and Silver: Gold and Silver prices have declined this week by almost 4.5% this week. Current gold prices are at Rs 29,400 for 10 grams. Silver is at Rs 42,700 per Kilogram.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Top Newz in this week
- 9.55% Indiabulls Housing Finance NCD Bonds October 2022 - October 5, 2022
- 4 Best Mutual Funds doubling every 5 years consistently - October 2, 2022
- Muthoot Finance NCD (Tranche III) – Oct 2022 – Issue Details - October 1, 2022