We are approaching Diwali Samavat 2075. Leading stock brokerage firms started recommending top Diwali stock picks for 2018-2019. This year 2018 is not that good year for stock markets as we have seen huge volatility. Many stock brokerage firms started recommending stocks that would outperform short term of 1 month to medium term 3 years and long term of over 5 years. What is the Stock Markets outlook in the next 1 year? Which are the Best Diwali Stock Picks for 2018-2019 recommended by major stock market experts? Which are the top Stock Picks for 2018 recommended by leading brokerages which can fetch you up to 40% returns?
Also Read: Best International Mutual Funds 2018-19
What is the Stock Markets outlook in the next 1 year?
Stock markets experts and stock brokerage firms believe that SENSEX can reach 49,000 by end of 2019. However, there are a few factors which would direct the stock market direction like:
1) Upcoming parliamentary elections of 2019
2) US Federal Reserve is likely to raise rate hike in 2018 and several times in 2019.
3) RBI expects to raise repo rates in 2018-2019.
4) Crude Oil price may continue to increase in 2018-19.
5) Dollar is becoming stronger and experts believe it would continue to rise in the near term.
Sectors like IT, Banking and capital goods are likely to perform well in 2018-19. Stock market experts say investing in largecap stocks would be best to beat the volatility.
Top 40 Best Diwali Stock Picks for 2018-2019 from brokerage firms
Here are some of the good diwali stock picks for 2018. Some of the line items could be duplicates between stock broker recommendations and I retained as it to avoid any confusion. So the number could be less than 40 in such case.
Best Diwali Stock Picks from Motilal Oswal Securities for 2018-2019
1) Maruti Suziki – CMP Rs 7,135 and Target Price Rs 8,484 – Potential upside 19%
2) Hindalco Industries – CMP Rs 240 and Target Price Rs 338 – Potential upside 41%
3) LIC HFL – CMP Rs 430 and Target Price Rs 550 – Potential upside 28%
4) PVR Ltd – CMP Rs 1394 and Target Price Rs 1650 – Potential upside 18%
5) Oberoi Realty – CMP Rs 427 and Target Price Rs 574 – Potential upside 34%
6) Infosys – CMP Rs 662 and Target Price Rs 800 – Potential upside 21%
7) Indraprastha Gas – CMP Rs 281 and Target Price Rs 373 – Potential upside 33%
8) Exide Industries – CMP Rs 253 and Target Price Rs 314 – Potential upside 24%
9) ICICI Bank – CMP Rs 354 and Target Price Rs 400 – Potential upside 13%
10) Britannia Industries – CMP Rs 5601 and Target Price Rs 6870 – Potential upside 23%
Good Diwali Stock Picks from Angel Broking for 2018-2019
11) RBL Bank – CMP Rs 522 and Target Price Rs 690 – Potential upside 32%
12) Bata Industries – CMP Rs 1006 and Target Price Rs 1243 – Potential upside 24%
13) Safari Industries – CMP Rs 770 and Target Price Rs 1071 – Potential upside 39%
14) GMM Pfraulder – CMP Rs 1073 and Target Price Rs 1287 – Potential upside 20%
15) TTK Prestige – CMP Rs 6872 and Target Price Rs 8200 – Potential upside 19%
16) TV Today India – CMP Rs 397 and Target Price Rs 537 – Potential upside 35%
17) Aurobindo Pharma – CMP Rs 781 and Target Price Rs 870 – Potential upside 11%
18) Mahindra and Mahindra – CMP Rs 783 and Target Price Rs 1050 – Potential upside 34%
19) HDFC Bank – CMP Rs 1945 and Target Price Rs 2350 – Potential upside 21%
Top Diwali Stock Picks from HDFC Securities for 2018-2019
Hindustan Oil Exploration – CMP Rs 133 and Target Price – Rs 177 (33% upside)
20) Company shares were trading at Rs 107 an 1 year back (24% return in last 1 year).
21) Parag Milk Foods – CMP Rs 251 and Target Price – Rs 329 (30% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 267 an 1 year back (negative 6% return in last 1 year).
22) Dr. Reddy Laboratories – CMP Rs 2,422 and Target Price – Rs 2,952 (22% upside). Dr. Reddy’s shares were trading at Rs 2,392 an 1 year back (1% return in last 1 year).
23) Cyient – CMP Rs 616 and Target Price – Rs 747 (21% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 530 an 1 year back (16% return in last 1 year).
24) Apollo Hospitals Enterprises – CMP Rs 1,131 and Target Price – Rs 1,368 (21% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 989 an 1 year back (14% return in last 1 year).
25) Sunpharma – CMP Rs 578 and Target Price – Rs 690 (19% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 548 an 1 year back (5% return in last 1 year).
26) Exide Industries – CMP Rs 255 and Target Price – Rs 304 (19% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 267 an 1 year back (negative 6%% return in last 1 year).
27) ICICI Bank – CMP Rs 348 and Target Price – Rs 411 (18% upside). Company shares were trading at Rs 316 an 1 year back (11% return in last 1 year).
You may like: Best PMS Services in India 2018-19
Top and Best Diwali Stock Picks from Karvy Stock Broking for 2018-2019
28) Bajaj Electricals
29) Sandhar Technologies
30) ICICI Bank
31) Maruti Suzuki India
32) Bata Industries
33) HDFC Bank
Diwali Stock Picks 2018 from Edelweiss
35) Dabur India
36) HDFC Bank
37) Havells India
38) Sun Pharma
40) ICICI Bank
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these stocks as on the date of posting the article. However, I can purchase them any time in coming days.
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
Top 40 Best Diwali Stock Picks for 2018-2019 from brokerage firms
- HMA Agro Industries IPO – 10 Key Things Investors Should Know - June 10, 2023
- 5 Mutual Funds with Consistent Positive Returns in 9 out of 12 Months - June 8, 2023
- How to Use Credit Cards to Improve Credit Score? - June 7, 2023
Firstly let me express my gratitude for the content you are providing. I am new investor and information provided here is really helpful.
While researching about investment ideas yesterday thought came to my mind, and thought of asking you for your opinion.
Is it good idea to buy at least 1 stock from every Top 100 Companies in India by Market Capitalization.
Investor can surely buy more as per their capacity but the idea is to buy minimum 1 stock of each and every Top 100 company and keep invested at least for 10-15 years.
Is that a good strategy?
Appreciate your support!
Hello Deepak, While i would not rule out complete on your idea, one should check for good companies in Top 100 companies based on market capitalizatoin. There are several companies that are not favorable now though they list in top 100. You can filter top 100 companies and filter which are best performing and why. Which are top 100 which are not performing in term of share price appreciation and why. You would get answer and your next step of investing in them would be easier. Here is one analysis on top 100 companies and some of the best performing stocks. Go thru and take next steps. https://myinvestmentideas.com/2018/08/top-10-stocks-from-bse-100-index-100-returns-what-is-driving/
Suresh, check the list again, it looks like a copy-paste issues or ICICI/ HDFC bank has bought you because we can see ICICI recommended 4 times, HDFC 3 times, Maruti 3 times LOL!!
Not sure if this will be approved to be posted 😀
There is no copy paste issue. There are common recommendations among the brokerage firms including ICICI Bank, HDFC etc., Yes if one observes a unique stocks, the count could be less than 40. Since you expressed a concern about I would have bought suck stocks which could be still valid, I have given disclaimer at the end of the article. This would give you confidence that my recommendations are unbiased and I do not own any of these stocks