StarFirst Combi Plans (Life + Health coverage) – Should you opt for it?
Few days back a innovative and unique product, StarFirst Combi Plans was launched to cover life insurance and health insurance as a combined package. There was demand for the past few years to offer such product and it has come to reality now. What is this Combi Plans from StarFirst all about? What are the key features of StarFirst Combi Plans? Who should opt for such life and health insurance package?
About StarFirst Combi Plans
IndiaFirst life insurance company and Star Health and Allied Insurance company have joined hands to offer Star First Combi Plans. These plans are combination of life coverage and health coverage. Due to huge demand for such product for the past few years, this innovative product was launched now. Let us see the key features of such products.
Key Features of StarFirst Combi Plans
- StarFirst combi plan has 5 variants in this product. StarFirst Comprehensive, StarFirst Classic, StarFirst Care, StarFirst Delite and StarFirst Optima.
- This Combi plan offers both life insurance and health insurance coverage for 2 Adults and upto 3 children.
- Newborn coverage is available from 16th day of born. One can claim Rs 50,000 or 10% of the sum assured which ever is lower.
- The sum assured under Life insurance coverage is Rs 3 Lakhs to Rs 9 Lakhs depending on the variant.
- The sum assured under Health insurance coverage is Rs 1 Lakh to Rs 15 Lakhs depending on the variant.
- 400+ day care procedures are covered.
- No medical check-ups up to 49 years of age.
- Recharge triggers if running out of coverage amount.
- Benefit of automatic restoration of the health sum assured up to 100% once the value is exhausted.
- Tax benefits u/s 80 (D) and 80 (C)
- Life insurance is a pure term policy. No loans / maturity benefit available.
- Bonus up to 100% of the sum assured following claim free years.
- Hospital cash for each completed day at the hospital.
- Dental Optholmic coverage on OPD basis.
- An inbuilt personal accident benefit equal to a healthy sum assured.
- Premium computations are yet to be made available by them.
What does IndiaFirst Life Insurance and Star Health Insurance say about this product?
Speaking on this occasion, RM Vishakha, MD & CEO, IndiaFirst Life Insurance said, “We are pleased to partner with Star Health Insurance, to offer integrated health and life insurance solutions. Together, we intend creating value for the customer – for a lifetime and beyond – through a single offering.”
“We are happy to have launched this unique combo plan that, in simple words will ensure a happy tomorrow. If somebody falls sick, health takes care and if somebody goes to the hospital and something goes wrong, life cover takes care.” said V Jagannathan, Chairman and Managing Director of Star Health Insurance.
Should you opt for StarFirst Combi Plans?
No doubt this is an innovative and unique product where you would get health insurance and life insurance coverage as one package. There was even a demand for such plans for the past few years. There are several unique features like combined health and life insurance plan, wide health insurance coverage, automatic restoration of health insurance coverage if exhausted, etc., On the other hand, life insurance coverage is only upto Rs 9 Lakhs. These days, this amount is very low. I keep saying that one should take life insurance for their family, which should suffice for say 12 to 15 years. Hence it is ruled out that this package cannot be considered for life insurance coverage. Now let us consider health insurance coverage. There are several other Best Health Insurance Plans offered by Star Health insurance itself, which provides additional benefits apart from simple health insurance benefits. Hence, I am neutral about such combo plans as of now. In future, if they offer a higher sum assured for life coverage and additional benefits offered as part of health insurance, we can prefer such plans.
Readers, what is your opinion about StarFirst Combi Plans? Do you feel this is a good plan?
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
StarFirst Combi Plans (Life + Health coverage)
- This Hybrid Mutual Fund turned 1 Lakh to 31 Lakhs in last 20 years - March 3, 2024
- Where to Open a Demat Account? – A Comprehensive Guide - March 2, 2024
- 5 Mutual Fund Schemes with 20-Year Returns between 3,370% to 4,700% - February 28, 2024