Sakthi Finance is coming up with secured NCD bonds now which can double investors’ money in 85 months. These bonds would open for subscription on February 8 and closes on February 21, 2024. Sakthi Finance is the investment and credit company with a focus on financing pre-owned commercial vehicles. The interest rates for Sakthi Finance NCD are up to 10.25% and yield works up to 14.3%. These NCDs are offered for 24 months to 85 month tenure. Interest is paid either monthly or on maturity depending on the NCD option. Should you invest in Sakthi Finance NCD issue of February, 2024? What are the risk factors one should consider before investing in Sakthi Finance NCD 2024?
About Sakthi Finance Limited
Company is an Investment and Credit company with primary focus on financing pre-owned commercial vehicles.
They also provide finance for purchasing infrastructure construction equipment, multi-utility vehicles, cars, jeeps and other machinery. The finances provided are secured by lien on the assets financed. Its target customers predominantly comprise Small / Medium Road Transport Operators and primarily hail from rural / semi-urban area. The SRTOs / MRTOs looks for speedy disposal of finance at competitive rates. Company have identified this opportunity and positioned itself between the organized banking sector and local money lenders by offering the finance at competitive rate with flexible and speedy lending services to its customers.
Sakthi Finance NCD – Feb-2024 – Issue Details
|Subscription opening Date
|Subscription closure Date
|Issuing Security Name
|Sakthi Finance Limited
|Secured Redeemable Non-Convertible Debentures
|Issue Size (Base)
|Rs 100 Crores
|Issue Size (Option to retain over subscription)
|Rs 100 Crores
|Total issue size
|Rs 200 Crores
|Rs 1,000 per bond
|Rs 1,000 per bond
|I to VIII
|Minimum Lot size
|10 bonds and 1 bond there after
|24, 36, 60 and 85 Months
|Interest Payment frequency
|Monthly and Cumulative
|Within 6 working days on BSE/NSE
|Bonanza Portfolio Limited
|Catalyst Trusteeship Limited
Sakthi Finance NCD – Feb-2024 – Interest Rates
|Frequency of Interest Payment
|Coupon (% per Annum)
|Effective Yield (% per Annum)
|Amount on Maturity (In Rs.)
Sakthi Finance NCD – Feb-2024 – Credit Ratings
ICRA assigned Sakthi Finance NCD rating as BBB (Stable). Instruments with this rating are considered to have a moderate degree of safety regarding timely servicing of financial obligations. Such instruments carry moderate credit risk.
How is the company doing in terms of profits?
Its profits are as below:
- FY2020 – Rs 11.17 Crores
- FY2021 – Rs 9.25 Crores
- FY2022– Rs 9 Crores
- FY2023– Rs 12 Crores
Why to invest in Sakthi Finance NCD – Feb-2024?
- Sakthi Finance NCD’s offer attractive interest rates where investors can get interest up to 10.25% and yield up to 14.3% per annum.
- While Sakthi Finance profits are slightly fluctuating, it generates consistent margins. Investing in companies that are generating consistent margins reduces the default risks.
- It issues secured NCDs. In case a company gets wind-up/shut down for some reason, secured NCD investors would get preference in repayment of capital along with interest as those backed up by assets of the company. Hence, it is safe to invest in such secured NCD options.
Why not to invest in Sakthi Finance NCD issue – Feb-2024?
- Sakthi Finance NCD credit rating is BBB (Stable) from ICRA, which is considered as low rating. There are high chances that companies with credit rating below “A” rating can default the payments in the future.
- Sakthi Finance operates in increasingly competitive financial services industry that creates significant pricing pressure and adversely affect its interest margins and income.
- The company is involved in certain legal and other proceedings which, if determined against them, could have a material adverse impact on financials.
- One of its promoter Group companies has defaulted in payment of interest and principal dues to one of its creditors. Any adverse action taken/to be taken by the creditor could affect the financial position of its promoters and the company.
- The company has other risk factors like a disruption in sources of funding, its inability to obtain or maintain statutory or regulatory approvals to do business, performance of Indian debt and equity markets, an increase in the levels of NPAs affecting business etc.,
- Refer NCD prospectus for complete risk factors.
Should you invest in Sakthi Finance NCD – Feb-2024?
- Sakthi Finance NCD of upcoming issue offers high interest rates and yield. These days banks are offering high FD rates, however these NCDs still offer high interest rate up to 10.25% interest rates and yield up to 14.3%. Investors’ money would get doubled in 85 months. Company is also earning consistent margins and these secured NCDs too.
- On the other side, these NCD is rated as BBB (Stable) by ICRA, which are considered as low rating.
These NCD bonds are high risk. If investors are willing to consider all these risks, they can invest in these bonds, else they can avoid.