Travel cost saving ideas
There are various ways on how you can save money while travelling by reducing the travel expenses. All these tips may not be applicable to every one. Also they are only indicative and not comprehensive.
6 ways to reduce your travel costs
- Plan your travel ahead of time: Planning the travel ahead of time would help in reducing the travel costs. Early booking of air tickets, would come with cheaper rates. Even bus fares would flare up if you book in last minute. I always implement this at majority of the times.
- Get cheaper hotel booking: Have you observed that if you plan ahead of time, you can make hotel booking little early which comes with lesser costs. Try searching yatra.com, travelguru.com, makemytrip.com for good hotel packages.
- Stay near by hotel: You can avoid cab charges or any other travel expenses in commuting if you are staying the nearby hotel.
- Prefer cheaper mode of transport: When you plan to travel for shorter distances or to places where there various good mode of travels are available, try checking for going for cheaper mode of transport. I implemented this option several times where Train facilities are available and avoided going by car. I have seen that it would save 70% to 80% of the costs.
- Avoid unnecessary shopping while travelling: Observe that while travelling, people would do unplanned shopping and spend money. Avoid shopping which you have not planned.
- Prefer travel packages: If you are going for vacation, ask the travel agent for the holiday package. The package would include airfare/train fare, hotel booking, cab booking etc. This would help you in reducing the travel costs.
Conclusion: The above tips on travel cost saving ideas are only indicative. Try implementing as many ideas as you can and I am sure you would save 20% to 30% of your travel cost per trip.
If you found this article is good, share the link in Twitter/Face book. The links are provided below.
Note: Cartoon shown above is the copy right of cartoonstock.com – Q7PG7CHEMEHF
- 5 Best Balanced Advantage Mutual Funds to invest in 2024 - December 4, 2023
- LIC Jeevan Utsav Plan No 871 – Features, Benefits and Review - December 2, 2023
- 10% Arka Fincap NCD Dec-2023 issue – Should you Invest? - December 1, 2023