How to link your mobile number with Aadhaar Card in India?
These days you might be getting several SMS and emails to link your mobile number with Aadhaar Card. Since its inception, Aadhaar card is becoming a vital document to establish your identity. From filing income tax returns to availing the social security benefits, aadhaar number is mandatory in all fields. Now, the government has made it mandatory to link mobile numbers with your aadhaar card. How to link your Mobiule number with Aadhaar Card in India? How to link your Aadhaar Card number with Airtel or Vodafone mobile number in India?
About linking mobile number and Aadhaar Card
Govt of India has mandated to link mobile number and Aadhaar card nows. In fact, any mobile number which is unverified and is not updated with aadhaar card will be deemed as illegal after 6th February, 2018. It will ensure that all the mobile numbers are genuinely held by subscribers.
Why to link Mobile number with Aadhaar card in India?
Linking mobile number with aadhaar card serves many purposes.
The income tax return can be e-verified using aadhaar.
In case you need to update personal details linked to your aadhaar online, you need to have mobile number attached with the aadhaar card.
You can download your e-aadhaar through the OTP sent on your mobile number.
The aadhaar number is self-explanatory.
Crimes through fake mobile numbers are increasing. Now, as per the new rules, aadhaar card is necessary for obtaining new sim card. This way, aadhaar number is automatically attached to the sim and therefore putting a brake to fake mobile number crimes.
What are the scenarios where you need to link mobile number with Aadhaar Card?
There are two scenarios in which you need to link mobile number with aadhaar card:
1) Linking it for the first time
2) You have changed the mobile number and want to update the aadhaar data with the new number.
How to link mobile number with Aadhaar card for first time?
Most of the online transactions take place by sending OTP (one time password) on the registered mobile number for authentication purposes. So, obviously, if you are linking your mobile number with aadhaar card for the first time, then you need to do it offline. The following are the steps to be followed to do so-
1) Visit the nearest aadhaar centre and get the aadhaar update or correction form. This form can be downloaded from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) website also.
2) Fill the form correctly and submit it to the respective person at the aadhaar center. Specially mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
3) Along with the update form, you need to provide photocopy of your aadhaar card, an identity proof document like PAN Card, Voter ID Card, and Passport etc.
4) After the submission, your biometrics will be confirmed at the enrolment centre. While applying for the aadhaar card, your biometrics was recorded and in case of any change, they need to be verified again.
5) Once your biometrics is verified, you will be given an acknowledgement slip. Generally, it takes 3 to 10 working days in updating of records.
How to update mobile number with Aadhaar card in case of change?
In case you are changing your mobile number, and you wish to update it in your aadhaar data, it can be done online. But the condition is existing number must be linked to your aadhaar card and it is functional. It is because the OTP for authentication will be sent to your old mobile number only. You will be able to link your new number only by submitting the OTP sent on your old number. The following steps are to be followed-
1) On the UIDAI website, under the Aadhaar update tab, there is an option that will redirect the user to the Aadhaar Self-Service Portal.
2) Enter your Aadhaar number and the captcha text and request for OTP.
3) The OTP will be sent to the existing mobile number. After submitting that OTP, you will be redirected to a new page where you can update the desired details.
4) Under the heads “Select field(s) to update” select mobile number.
5) Now enter the new mobile number that you need to be in records of database and submit.
How to link your Aadhaar to your Airtel Number or Vodafone or any other mobile numbers?
Here are the step-by-step guide on linking your number with your Aadhaar card.
1) Take your Aadhaar Card and your mobile number
2) Visit any Airtel Store / Vodafone store / Mobile service provider store and do biometric verification
3) You would get OTP on your mobile and process is complete.
4) You would get confirmation SMS within 24 hours that the entire process is complete.
We don’t need to link broadband with Aadhaar card.
Corporate mobile customers don’t need to link their Aadhaar card as this regulation applies only for individual customers.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Face book and Twitter.
How to link your mobile number with Aadhaar Card in India
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO – Comprehensive Overview - February 26, 2024
- Platinum Industries IPO – Should You Invest? - February 25, 2024
- Best Mutual Funds to invest in 2024 (as per Google AI Gemini) - February 20, 2024