There are several small business ideas to start. However, pick-in up good business idea is not an easy task. If you have some creativity, you can as well pick-up a business idea that suits such creativity. There are hundred’s of creative small business ideas. This article would provide 50+ Creative Small Business Ideas that can be started with low investment which can fetch you higher profits.
You may like: 50 Profitable Small Scale Business Ideas to start now
What are the small business ideas we would be talking about in this post?
If you possess a creative mind and do not want to indulge yourself in routine business or 9 to 5 jobs that does not allow your creativity to take wings, this article is very useful for you. It provides you more than 50 creative business ideas that do not require much capital also.
50+ Creative Small Business Ideas with low investment
1) Wedding planner
If you have good managerial and creative skills, a wedding planner business can be a good choice. It requires a lot of team effort and constant endeavor to make this business successful.
2) Interior designer
If you belong to the architectural or civil field, you can go for interior designing. It is one of the more creative fields. To excel in this segment, you need to attain a degree in this course.
3) Event management
If you possess a good social network and efficient management qualities, you can open an event management company that manages small to big events.
4) Customized gift store
Customized gifts have been the trend of recent times and the spice of creativity can be a cherry on the cake. Choose a range of products that can be customized for the people as per their needs. For example- pencil pouches, bag packs, personalized pens, notebooks, stationery, etc. This is a new creative small business in India now.
5) Sell Photos Online
If you are very good at photography, you can sell photos online and generate a lot of money. Many companies and agencies are looking for unique photographs. You can sell photos on websites like Photodune, Stock Photo, Ambient, etc. For this business, you need to buy a high definition camera and lenses
6) Creating WordPress themes
If you possess profound knowledge in the IT field, you can create your themes for WordPress. You can sell your WordPress themes online and earn good sums of money.
7) Start online blog
Online blogging has always been a creative online business if you possess good writing skills. You just need to have a domain name and hosting place to post your blogs. To make money online from a blog requires a large amount of traffic on your website. You can make money from direct advertisements or by Google Adsense. One can start this creative small business idea from home itself.
8) Sell videos online
If you can produce really good videos to teach people something or entertain them, you can consider recording and selling videos on YouTube and other video publishing websites. If you have the art to cook different delicacies or do something amazing and creative, create a video and put them online, you will be amazed to see the response of the people.
9) Lawn care and landscape design
Gardening and landscaping require a lot of creative skills. It is much larger in scope than a gardener. Here, you can design the landscaping and types of plants to be planted. Many bungalow/ resort/ vacation house owners need such kind of services.
10) Sell creative products online
Another business idea is to sell creative products online. For this, you need to make your website or register on the E-Commerce portal. Small creative things for kids are much in demand where they can learn small things while doing.
11) Freelance writer
If you possess creative skills in the writing field, you can start freelance writing. There is a huge scope in this segment if you can deliver quality writing. It is an excellent business idea without any investment. This is one of the best creative small business ideas for students.
12) Cloth boutique
Opening a boutique of un-stitched clothes is another creative and unique business idea. You need to source good materials from different places and organize them in one store. Good quality and effective rates are the success mantra of this business. In the initial stage, you have to do good marketing too. This is now one of the top creative small business ideas in India as majority of Indian women are looking to wear creative designer dresses and sarees especially during weddings and family get togethers.
13) Hobby Centre
You can initiate your creative hobby center, which offers various hobby classes like music, drama, craft, etc. The profit margin is quite high in this business if you can offer some exclusive and quality things.
14) Make-up saloon
You can come up with a saloon that offers only make-up services for parties and weddings. There is much creativity in the makeup field. You need to obtain proper training and certification before starting this business.
15) Chocolate making
Home-made chocolates are much in demand these days. You can start a home-based business of making chocolates at home. You can even customize the design of the chocolates according to the needs of the customers.
16) Play area or adventure area for kids
The kids are irresistible to simple adventures which can keep them busy for hours. You can start a small business by providing them a small adventurous area. You can organize birthday parties and get-together for kids there.
17) Candle making
Hand-made, decorative and designer candles are much in demand in households and hotels. You can open a business of making unique candles. They are a great sell-off during the festival season.
18) Custom-made festival gifts
India is a land of festival and exchange of gifts during festivals is a common scenario. You can provide customized gift-items to the consumers. It is an innovative and small profitable business ideas venture.
19) Cake- baking
Cake-baking is yet another emerging field with a lot of creativity. If you are good at making cakes, you can always open a bakery shop. It is a business of huge scope because now a day, every occasion is celebrated with a cake and people want customized cakes as per their occasion.
20) Hand-made soaps
Hand-made soaps can be made with a lot of creative tint like novel designs, fragrance, ingredients, etc. For this, you need to possess a formula of making soaps, raw material and molds. If advertised properly, it can prove to be a very profitable business.
21) Sell paintings – if you are good at art work and playing with colors, you can create paintings and sell them for good prices. People have done wonders in this field.
22) Open an online boutique – If you are creative in creating designer apparels, you can open an online boutique. There is a high exposure in this field and profit margin is also good.
23) Make a YouTube channel – You can create a YouTube channel over a particular stream and keep posting interesting videos in it. It is one of the biggest hits and hot products these days. One of the good online business ideas to start now.
24) Making crochet products – Another very creative business idea is making innovative crochet products. You can make a plethora of objects with crochet and exhibit your creativity.
25) Homemade shampoo making – People are fed up of the chemical-based shampoos available in the market. If you provide them shampoo made with natural and organic ingredients, they will be more than happy to pay you. For this, you need to have a formula for making shampoo. You can add your creativity to increase its efficiency.
26) Making oils for various purposes – Effective oils for joint-pain or hair or body are always demanded by the people. You can make oils at home and sell them for a good margin.
27) Cooking classes – If you an expert in cooking and create some new dishes with your creativity, you can take some cookery hobby classes. It is a novel business idea through which you can make good chunks of money.
28) Personality development coaching – If you have personality development tips and have the capability of grooming the personality of people, you can start this business. Here you have to develop their communication and interpersonal skill which is a must-have quality in many fields now.
29) Resume writing – Many young aspirants are struggling with their resume writing. You can make out some creative writing skills and start writing their resumes.
30) Create mobile apps – If you are an expert in computer programming and creative with the mind, you can create simple mobile applications with simple steps and sell them to start-up companies that cannot afford high costs.
31) Animator – Animated mobile-gaming business is growing at a jet speed today. It requires a lot of creativity along with skills. There is huge potential in this field for business.
32) Become a Choreographer – If you are very good at dancing and can develop new creative dances, you can think of opening a dance class which is a very good business option. You can also become a choreographer for weddings and events.
33) Become a Radio Jockey – If you have excellent interacting skills and can entertain people with it, you can opt to become an RJ. It is an excellent part-time job.
34) Tailoring services – If you have good and creative stitching ideas, you can start with small tailoring services. It is a home-based job that does not require much investment.
35) House-cleaning agency – Today, people are hiring agencies to clean different parts of their houses like bathrooms, floor, glass, etc. You can open an agency that provides such services. With modern house- building techniques, this has become very necessary.
36) SEO consultancy – This is one more creative and lucrative business idea. Today people look for heavy traffic on their websites. You can create new ideas to get traffic on websites. For this, you need to attain the necessary skills
37) Personal fitness trainer – Fitness is one of the current fashions for individuals. You can start providing services for fitness in person. It is a lucrative business without any investment but for it, you need to grab knowledge or degree.
38) Self-defense trainer – In today’s world where crime persisting everywhere, self- defense is very important for each and everybody. You can start taking training sessions of self-defense for girls, adults, etc.
39) Nutritionist – People have become diet conscious more than ever. They constantly look for an effective diet plan that can help to maintain their health and physique. You can become a nutritionist and provide your services to them. However, you need to attain a certificate for it.
40) Tour operator – If you have good knowledge about the tourist places around the world or country; you can become a tour operator. It is a very interesting job where you plan the entire itinerary of the people and take care of their bookings also. You need to tie-up with hotels too. You can plan some interesting trips to attract more and more customers.
41) Recruitment agency – Some companies do not set up their HR department. Rather, they depend upon the recruitment agencies to fill-in their vacancies or to meet their requirements of human personnel. You can come up with a recruitment agency and help the companies to find a suitable candidate.
42) Graphic designer – Graphic designing is another trending field that can provide you with a feeling of creativity. If you possess the knowledge of some computer applications to create some interesting logos and images, you can become a graphic designer.
43) Building websites – With the emergence of techno-savvy world, every business, whether big or small needs to build their website to promote themselves. If you have some creative ideas for building websites, you can take it up as a business. People often look for some unique ideas for website building.
44) Social media management consultancy – The role of social media has become inevitable for an individual or business. It is very important to manage social media tactfully. If you have expertise in this field, you can consider it to take it up as a business.
45) Become a professional guide – If you possess the skill of any foreign language and interested in guiding people to various tourist places, you can become a professional guide and take foreign groups who come to visit our country. It is a very good business in which you can make huge sums of money if you provide excellent services.
46) Massage therapist – If you know the right techniques of massaging, you can become a professional massage therapist to relieve people from muscle pain and relax them. It is a very good creative small business without any investment.
47) Provide career consultancy – Students are quite worried about their careers and they often require guidance in this field. If you have the knowledge of various career options, you can open a career consultancy office.
48) Become a motivational speaker – If you have leadership skills and can deliver an effective and motivational speech, you can become a motivational speaker. Many companies and institutes look for motivational speakers to motivate their employees from time to time.
49) Virtual assistance services – with the increasing workload of top executives of the companies, they look for virtual assistants who can help them with their small chores. It is a very interesting work that can be pursued from home.
50) Moving assistance services – People often migrate or get transferred from one place to another. It becomes difficult for them to shift the entire furniture and things. Moving assistants provide the services of shifting their homes from one place to another. You can also provide the moving assistance services for a fee.
51) Open a tuition center – If you are good at teaching kids and like to spend time with them, you can open your tuition center. It is a good source of earning money while keeping in touch with studies. This can help you to make some extra side income.
Conclusion: If creativity is in your blood, it is not necessary to follow the trend and join the gruelling 9 to 5 jobs. Just listen to your heart and initiate your own business with any of these ideas. You can first short list top 10 small business ideas from above and then further choose the one which you may like the most.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
50+ Creative Small Business Ideas with low investment
Doing business with low investment is all I want and that’s why I found these ideas much useful for me. Thank you for the amazing ideas I will surely apply these for myself.
Thank you Marry