There are thousands of business ideas to start. If you are part of developing countries, the construction sector is one where there is an enormous amount of business opportunities. There is plenty of construction related business ideas where one can start with low to medium investment and earn decent profits. However, you might get doubt as to what is the most profitable construction business? In this article we would provide 25+ best construction business ideas with low investment.
What are construction-related business ideas?
The construction segment plays an important role in the progress and development of any country. It is the segment that builds the infrastructure and boosts its economy. The businesses that are associated directly or indirectly with the construction sector comes under the regime of construction-related business. It covers a wide range of businesses right from building roads, apartments, and houses to small and intricate fittings and fixtures used in various types of construction. If you are thinking about how to start my own construction business, this article would provide several ideas where you can filter them.
25+ Best Construction Business Ideas with Low investment
Here’s the list of more than 25 construction-related business ideas-
1) Cement retailing business
If you are searching for a business that requires no technical skills, then cement retailing could be the one. All you need is a perfect location and a small investment. It is a thriving and profitable business venture. In developing countries like India, this could turn to be one of the best construction business ideas in India.
2) Chimney installation and repair
Nowadays chimney had become a necessity in modern or modular kitchens. So, you can start a business of chimney installation and repair that does not ask for huge capital investment.
3) Retailing in ceramic tiles
Whether it is flooring, or bathroom walls, or countertop, ceramic tiles are used extensively. So, a business associated with ceramic tiles can prove to be a great business idea in this industry. It can be initiated with small capital. This is one of the most profitable construction business to start.
4) Manufacturing of bricks and blocks
If you’re thinking of starting a cottage industry, then the manufacturing of bricks and blocks could be a great idea. This business uses little or no technology and can fetch you good profits. One of the best concrete business ideas to start in cities where it is developing its landscape.
5) Real estate broker
It is a great business idea that can earn you huge profits. You act as a mediator between the buyer and the seller of the property and earn commission income.
6) Project management consultant
Another means of making money from the construction industry is to become a project management consultant. This business deals with the monitoring of the construction project and ensuring the quality and timely completion of the project. You should have good knowledge about project management as well as the construction industry. This idea would fall under one of the best civil construction business ideas.
7) Electrical and light fitting
This is a moderate-income business in which you need to sell electrical and light fittings. You can take contracts from different houses and offices for the same. This is one of the most successful small business in construction sector.
8) Plumbing sales services
This business requires moderate to high capital investment, but is one of the most profitable businesses. Plumbing items like pipes, taps, sanitary ware, ceramic tiles are to be supplied to the buyer.
9) Supply and installation of security items
In today’s time, all domestic and commercial buildings require physical security devices as necessities. So, in this business, you need to supply and install physical security items like security cameras, turnstiles, biometric, access control systems, etc. You should possess good technical knowledge about all these items.
10) Waterproofing services
Many houses suffer from the problem of leaking roofs. If you have good knowledge of waterproofing, you can initiate this business with low investment. If you are thinking on how to start a construction business with no money, this could be the best choice. Here you put labor effort only along with materials required. You can get advance from customer before even starting this service.
You may like: Best Retail Business Ideas which have high profits
11) House repairing services – House repairing services is a very good construction-based business idea as old constructions demand maintenance and repair regularly. It is a low investment business, but you require semi-skilled or unskilled labor.
12) Corrugated sheet manufacturing – Corrugated sheets are an important material used in roofing. They come in cement-based or polymer-based on various colors. You can start its manufacturing on a small or medium scale with low investment.
13) Cabinet making – Today, cabinets are made not only of wood but different building materials. People like to customize their cabinets according to their requirements and space. This business can fetch you good profits.
14) Selling of raw materials – Another lucrative construction-related business is selling of raw materials like cement, plumbing pipes, ceramic tiles, TMT bars, cement blocks, etc. This business does not require any specific qualifications. You should select the products according to the local market requirements.
15) Landscaping services – Today landscapes are required by commercial spaces, apartments, bungalows, farmhouses, etc. If you have good knowledge about various kinds of plants, their maintenance and planting conditions along with beautifying the whole place, you can start this business. You require specific qualifications for this lucrative business. You can take the contract of developing and maintaining the garden for a specific area.
16) Wallpaper fitting – Today, very state-of-the-art and creative wallpapers are available in the market like 3D wallpapers, brick and tile wallpapers, etc. that are extensively used to beautify the walls of houses, apartments, and commercial places. If you are interested in initiating a new business with minimum capital in the construction industry, you can consider wallpaper fitting as a new business venture for yourself. This is one of the best construction business to start.
17) Furniture polishing services – Polishing of furniture like cupboards, cabins, shelves and tables can make them alive, and give them a new look. You can provide the prompt services of polishing the furniture with skillfulness.
18) Carpentry services – Carpentry plays an important role in the beautification of commercial and residential places. If you can make a team of some highly skilled and semi-skilled carpenters, you can think of initiating a carpentry business. All furniture starting from cabinets, cupboards, beds, and wall paneling, all are made and installed by a carpenter. So, pursuing this business can fetch you good profits.
19) Roof maintenance business – Roofs are subjects to wear and tear very often as they are exposed to harsh climatic conditions. They need to be maintained and repaired regularly otherwise they start leaking in the rainy season. So, repairing and restoring roofs could be a great business idea in the construction venture.
20) Air condition and water heaters installation – ACs and water heaters are the basic needs of the people nowadays. So, if you are an aspiring entrepreneur, you can initiate the business of the sale, installation, and repairs of the same. If you possess good marketing skills, you have fair bright chances of success in this business.
21) Cutting, fitting, and polishing of marble – Most of the people prefer to use marble on their flooring, so it is a good and thriving business venture to start. All you need is to set up the business in the area where the raw material is easily available.
22) Installation of solar panels – Starting the installation of solar panels as a business could be a way lucrative and productive business in the construction industry. Many domestic and commercial buildings are opting for solar panels as it helps to save electricity and are eco-friendly.
23) Rainwater harvesting services – Most of the household and domestic buildings are opting for a rainwater harvesting system to collect the rain-water as in today’s scenario the potable water is very scarce. So, choosing this could be another great business-related idea in the construction industry.
24) Paint store – This is another good construction-related business idea. You can work as a retailer of a single brand or of multiple brands which sells interior and exterior paints, oil paints, wall putty, white cement, etc. This business can earn good profit as all construction-related activities require the above-mentioned products.
25) Mirror and glasswork – Mirrors and glasses are extensively used not only used for dressing purposes but also in interior decoration. So, it is a great opportunity in the construction field. All you need is a small capital investment and the necessary tools and equipment for starting this business.
26) Laminate floor installations – Nowadays laminate floor installation is not only used in domestic houses but also in commercial buildings. It gives a gorgeous look cost-effectively. You should have moderate networking skills and small capital investment.
27) Construction cleaning services – Usually, all construction-related work finishes with a lot of dust and debris hanging around. Moreover, the newly constructed parts also require a lot of cleaning. In this case, people usually look for professionals who have specific expertise in cleaning up. This business requires moderate capital investment.
Conclusion: Everything that you see around, be it buildings, skyscrapers, bridges, dams, roads, etc. are all the products of the construction industry. So, construction is an evergreen field with a lot of new developments taking place every day.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
- Kotak Banking & Financial Services Fund – NFO Details and Review - February 4, 2023
- Mirae Asset Flexi Cap Fund NFO – Should you invest or Avoid? - January 31, 2023
- 5 Best Large Cap Mutual Funds to invest in 2023 - January 27, 2023