20 Small Manufacturing Business Ideas under Rs 10 Lakhs
20 Best Small Manufacturing Business Ideas under Rs 10 Lakhs
Many of us aspire to become entrepreneurs. Starting a new business involves huge investment. Some might be interested in starting a simple business and some think of starting a manufacturing business. If you are thinking of starting a Manufacturing Business with low investment, this article is for you. Which are the Top 20 Best small manufacturing business ideas that can be started under Rs 10 Lakhs investment? If you can afford some more investment, these could turn as best manufacturing business ideas to start with Rs 15 Lakhs too.
What is a manufacturing business?
The process of converting raw material or components into finished goods to be sold directly to the consumer or to other manufacturing units is manufacturing business. A manufacturing unit may be simple with few processes required to be done to a highly complicated one. It employs a man and machine set-up with a division of labor. The simpler manufacturing units do not demand much of the capital and can be set up a minimum of efforts. This article presents a few manufacturing business ideas that require small capital investment.
What is the future of manufacturing business?
The manufacturing business has entered into a dynamic phase. It has a high potential for growth, but one should forget the innovation factor in it. The conventional methods of manufacturing as well as marketing will not work now. Only the manufacturing units that have adapted according to the changing environment have been able to survive. Also, the degree of competition is much higher in every field now, which may pull down the profit margin.
Top 20 Best Small Manufacturing Small Business Ideas under Rs 10 Lakh
Here is the list of business investment of Rs 10 Lakhs. If you can afford more you can invest upto Rs 15 Lakhs too.
1) Packing boxes and cartons – Packaging boxes and cartons have extensive use in our daily life. Things are transported from within the country or outside the country using these cartons and boxes. The cost of its manufacturing machine is between Rs. 5 – 10 lakh. One of the good business under 10 Lakhs to start.
2) Optical frame manufacturing – The manufacturing of optical frames for any kind of spectacle is growing at a very fast pace. Its manufacturing process is very simple. You could import machinery from China or any other country which would cost you around Rs. 3 lakh to 5 lakh. As the plastic is cheap, raw material cost is very low, screws are added manually or with the help of a machine and the final part is its designing if required. The total cost of manufacturing a plastic frame is around Rs. 150 to 200 including labour charges and its selling price is around Rs. 250 to 300.
3) Manufacturing of scented sticks – You can initiate scented stick making business. The profit margin in this business is Rs. 10 per kg and you can easily produce 100 kg of raw agarbatti in 10 hours with the help of one high-speed machine. The machine costs around Rs. 4 lakh.
4) Customized T-shirt printing – you might have seen people wearing T-shirts of their own names or some personalized message. Such t-shirts are much in trend these days. These are made with the help of a T-shirt printing machine. This can be another brilliant business idea.
5) Tissue paper making – Tissue papers are demanded everywhere, be it restaurants, coffee shops, tea stalls, food centers, weddings, parties, etc. You can start a manufacturing unit of tissue paper. The cost of tissue paper making machine is under Rs. 5 lakh. The scope of growth is immense in this business. It is one of the Best Small Manufacturing Business Ideas to start with low investment.
6) Jute bag making – Jute bags are used for packing different types of grains. For this business, you need two simple machines – one for cutting and one for sewing and with the help of two or three labors, you can easily start this business. It is a business of very low investment.
7) Packaged drinking water – Packaged drinking water is in high demand at commercial as well as residential places. With the growing hygienic concerns of people, its demand has even raised more. You can pack drinking water in various sizes like bottles of half a litre, 1 litre or cans of 10 or 20 litres.
8) Designer candle making – Designer scented and colorful candles are demanded throughout the year and especially near the festivities. They are extensively used as decorative in homes, birthday parties, and weddings, at restaurants, hotels, etc. The manufacturing of candles is done with the help of machines and the costing is also not much. It is one of the good manufacturing small business ideas to start with low investment.
9) Making of cell phone cases – The drastic increase in the use of cell phones has triggered the need for cell phone cases that protect the cell phones from being scratched or broken. It is a very profitable business. The cost of manufacturing 1 simple plastic case is under Rs. 30 and the selling price is Rs. 150.
10) Towel making – You can initiate the production of towels. They are always in demand at homes or hotels. The cost of manufacturing depends upon the machinery and the raw material used in manufacturing. Generally, its small scale business can be set up between Rs. 5 to 7 lakh.
11) Health and fitness Centre – It has become the need of the hour to keep ourselves fit. People are spending good sums of money to keep themselves with good health. This is the reason; it has become such a profitable business. Initially, you can start a center with a few types of machinery and as the business expands you can bring more lately.
12) Spa services treatment – Spa is an excellent medium to relax mentally and physically. Spa treatments include body treatments, facial massage, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, manicure, pedicure, etc. This is one of the best business under 10 lakh to start. You need to ensure a good and peaceful environment and soothing ambiance for this business.
13) Ball pens manufacturing – The cost of a ball pen is between Rs. 5 to 10 in the market, so just imagine how low would be its manufacturing cost. It is one small scale industry that requires very little investment and the production is in bulk. Just use good quality ink and build the required reputation. Design and appearance also matter a lot in this business. It is one of the Best Small Manufacturing Business Ideas under Rs 10 Lakhs.
14) Soap and detergent manufacturing – Soaps and detergent can be manufactured easily with the help of man and machines. These are routine items that are used in every household, so the demand is constant. These days, herbal soaps and detergents are preferred over synthetic ones. So design a good eco-friendly formula and mint good profits out of it.
15) Manufacturing of toys – There is a plethora of toys available, from which one can choose like plastic or wooden or stuff toys. Prepare an entire range of it. Toy-making is an art. You can use your creativity to generate a variety in it. The investment depends upon the kind of toy you have selected. It is one of the Top Manufacturing Small Business Ideas to start for high profits. This could be one of the best business to start with Rs 15 Lakhs investment
16) Fireworks manufacturing – Fireworks are in great demand during the festival and marriage seasons. Bright and colorful crackers are demanded to celebrate the occasions. This industry has a very good margin with the raw material being very cheap.
You may like: Latest Manufacturing Business Ideas in India
17) Women accessories – Accessories like earrings necklaces, bangles are one of the favorites of every woman. There is a wide range of designs which can be made like stonework, beadwork, silk thread, etc. The focus should be that the raw material has to be good and design has to be unique. Use your creativity and come up with the best jewelry designs to take your business to successful heights.
18) Protective Packaging material – with the initiation of e-commerce, the demand for protective packaging material like foam sheet, thermocol sheet, bubble sheet have escalated a lot. Their manufacturing process is quite simple and the investment is around Rs. 10 lakh.
19) Eco-friendly disposables – Keeping in view the harmful effects of plastic disposals, the demand for eco-friendly disposals have risen. They are highly demanded in weddings, parties, at mobile food vans, tea stalls, etc. You can easily initiate a business in which eco-friendly disposals are produced. The investment in this small manufacturing business is around Rs. 5-7 lakh.
20) Garment manufacturing unit – With the increasing fashion trends, garments have been in the highest demand and it is ever-lasting. You can lay down a garment manufacturing unit with an initial investment of Rs. 8 to 10 lakh.
Conclusion: It is not compulsory that a business can be initiated with huge capital only. At the initial stage, start with little capital, nurture it with hard work and dedication and later on, you can expand it to take it to the pinnacles of success.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
- LIC New Jeevan Shanti (Pension Plan No 858) – Features, Benefits and Negative Factors - October 24, 2020
- How Leverage Ratio can tell whether you are high risk or low risk in debts? - October 18, 2020
- Best Sovereign Gold Bonds to buy from secondary market - October 19, 2020