10% Muthoot Finance NCD Sep-2019 – Should you Invest?
Muthoot Finance NCD Sep-2019 Review
Muthoot Finance NCD for Sep/Oct 2019, Tranche-III would open for subscription on 27th September, 2019. Muthoot Finance is a leading gold loan company in India. It is issuing secured NCD’s now. While banks are offering interest rates of 5.5% to 8%, high yield of these NCDs to 10% per annum would definitely attract investors. It is offering NCDs of 24 months, 38 months, 60 months and 90 months tenure. Should you invest in Muthoot Finance NCD of Sep 2019? What are the hidden factors an investor should consider before investing Muthoot Finance NCD of 2019? How does Muthoot Finance NCD compare with Muthoot Fincorp NCD, which is open now for subscription.
What are Non Convertible Debentures?
If you would like to know more about Non Convertible Debentures (NCDs), you can check this video.
About Muthoot Finance Limited
Muthoot Finance is largest gold loan company in India in terms of loan portfolio and branch network. It has already issued several NCD’s in the past in the form of secured and unsecured NCD’s.
Muthoot Finance NCD Sep 2019 Issue details
Muthoot Finance Limited is issuing secured redeemable Non Convertible Debentures (NCD’s) to the tune of Rs 100 Crores with an option to retain another Rs 900 Crores over subscription totaling to Rs 1,000 Crores. It comes with 10 different options, which contains 24 months, 38 months, 60 months and 90 months tenure NCDs.
What does Secured NCDs mean?
They are offering secured NCD’s now in Sep 2019. The principal amount of the NCDs to be issued in terms of the Draft Shelf Prospectus, this Shelf Prospectus and respective Tranche Prospectus together with all interest due on the NCDs in respect thereof shall be secured by way of an exclusive charge on identified receivables of Company and a pari passu charge in favour of the Debenture Trustee on an identified immovable property of Company, as may be decided mutually by Company and/or the Debenture Trustee at the time of filing of relevant Tranche Prospectus. The company will create appropriate security in favor of the Debenture Trustee for the NCD Holders on the assets adequately to ensure 100% asset cover for the NCDs.
Features of Muthoot Finance NCD of Sep 2019
Issue start date: 27-Sep-2019
Issue end date: 30-Oct-2019
NCD’s are available in 10 different options.
The interest of these NCDs is payable monthly, yearly and on maturity.
The face value of the NCD bond is Rs 1,000.
Minimum investment is for 10 bonds means, you need to invest for a minimum of Rs 10,000. Beyond this you can invest in multiples of 1 bond.
These NCD bonds would be listed on BSE. Hence, these are liquid investments.
Non-resident Indians (NRI’s) cannot invest in these NCD’s.
CRISIL rated these NCDs as Crisil AA/stable and ICRA has rated them as ICRA AA (Stable). The rating of the NCDs indicates that instruments with this rating are considered to have a high degree of safety regarding timely servicing of financial obligations.
Edelweiss Financial Services and AK Capital Services are the lead managers for this issue.
You can download the Tranche-3 Prospectus of Muthoot Finance NCD September 2019 here.
Here are the interest rates on the Sep 2019 NCD’s of Muthoot Finance
What is the issue break-up?
Institutional Investors – 10%
Non Institutional Investors – 10%
High Net Worth Individuals – 30%
Retail Investors – 50%
How is the company doing in terms of Financials?
Here are the consolidated financials:
1) Its revenues for the quarter ended Jun-19 was at Rs 2,072.1 Crores compared to the previous year quarter ended Jun-18 of Rs 1,785.6 Crores.
2) Its profits for the quarter ended Jun-19 was at Rs 563.3 Crores compared to the previous year quarter ended Jun-18 of Rs 517.6 Crores.
Why to invest in Muthoot Finance Ltd NCD?
1) Attractive interest rates where one can get up to 10% yield.
2) It is issuing secured NCDs which are safe to invest compared to other unsecured NCDs.
3) Good credit rating from CRISIL and ICRA Ratings as AA/Stable and AA (Stable) respectively.
You may like: Best Investment Options for higher returns
Why not to invest in Muthoot Finance Sep 2019 NCD?
1) Gold finance companies are riskier. Decline in gold prices (which happened in the last 2-3 years), can pose high risk to such business.
2) Though Muthoot finance is offering secured NCDs, there could be a delay in the interest and repayment of principal at maturity.
3) You can refer all risk factors in the Final prospectus of the company.
How to apply Muthoot Finance NCD Issue of 2019?
You can apply these NCDs in demat form only. If you have demat account, you can login to your account and go to IPO/NFO/NCD section and apply for the same. The process of applying NCD would be through ABSA (Your amount would be blocked initially and upon allotment, your amount would be deducted and NCD unit allotment would be done, else your amount would be unblocked) You can reach out to any of the lead managers websites to know more details on how to apply them.
How Muthoot Finance Sep 2019 NCD interest is taxed?
Since you need to apply through the demat form only, the company would not deduct any TDS on the interest paid on these NCD’s. It is immaterial whether the company would deduct TDS or not, one has to declare the NCD interest as income in their income tax returns (ITR) and pay income tax based on the individual tax bracket.
When this Muthoot Finance NCD’s of 2019 would get listed on BSE?
These Muthoot Finance Limited NCDs of September/October, 2019 would get listed after 6 working days from the date of closure.
Muthoot Fincorp NCDs Vs Muthoot Finance NCDs – Which are best NCDs?
Let us review these 2 NCDs as these have come at the same time. Both are offering secured NCDs.
1) Rate of Interest: Muthoot Fincorp NCD offers 11.03% yield for 3 years tenure. In case of Muthoot Finance NCD of 38 months it offers only 9.5%.
2) Credit Rating: Muthoot Fincorp NCDs are rated as A+ and Muthoot Finance NCDs are rated as AA/Stable.
3) Tenure: Mutoot Fincorp offers NCDs up to 3 years tenure, however Muthoot Finance NCDs are up to 90 month tenure.
Should you invest in Muthoot Finance NCD of Sep 2019?
These NCDs are secured in nature and offer high interest rates. However, investing in NCDs of NBFC company is high risk now. Investing in NCD’s for long term of 5-10 years would be even more risk. Since Muthoot Finance offer NCDs for 24 months, 38 months and 60 months tenure also, high risk investors can invest in these NCDs considering the risks indicated here. One can ignore the 90 months NCDs as we do not know how the company would perform in the long run.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Muthoot Finance NCD Sep 2019 Review
- MTAR Technologies IPO Date, Price, GMP, Review and Details - February 27, 2021
- LIC Bima Jyoti Insurance Plan – Positive and Negative / Hidden Factors - February 26, 2021
- Why to invest in a Balanced Advantage Fund? - February 25, 2021