United India Family Medicare Policy – Benefits, Limitations and Exclusions
There are several health insurance plans in India. However, picking-up a best health insurance plan is always a challenge. I have been reviewing some of the family floater health insurance plans last week. United India Health, Family Medicare Policy comes with various features and less premiums. In this article, I would review United India Family Medicare Policy, its benefits, positive factors, limitation factors and major exclusions of this policy. Should you consider United India Family Medicare Policy as a family floater policy?
Features of United India Family Medicare Policy
- This health insurance plan covers all members of your family including your spouse and children.
- You can take insurance coverage of Rs 1 Lakh to Rs 10 Lakhs.
- Hospitalization expenses are covered.
- Day Care Treatment expenses are covered as part of this policy.
- Ayush Treatment expenses covered.
- Cashless treatement at 7,000 hospitals across India.
- Pre-existing diseases coverage after 4 years continuous renewals of this policy.
- Lifelong renewals available on this policy.
Who can join this Family Medicare Policy of United India?
Individuals who are in between 18 to 80 years of age can join this policy along with their spouse and children.
Positive Factors of United India Health Family Medicare Policy
- Family floater policy covering self, spouse and children which comes with less effort and low premiums.
- No Pre-policy medical check-up till 45 years of age of insured.
- Daily cash benefit of Rs 250 / Rs 500 which comes with paying additional premium. This can be used to pay-off any expenses which are not covered as part of policy.
- This policy is available online where you can buy it with a click of button.
- No claim discount of 3% per year after 3 claim free years subject to maximum of 15% of sum insured.
- Life long renewability of this policy.
- Premiums paid under this policy are eligible for deduction u/s 80D of Income Tax Act.
Limitation Factors of United India’s Family Medicare Policy
- There are sub-limits on room rent, boarding etc., which is 1% of sum insured per day. Means if you have taken Rs 5 Lakhs coverage policy, the limit is Rs 5,000 per day.
- There are sub-limits of 2% of sum insured for ICU charges. Continuing above example, if you have Rs 5 Lakhs coverage, maximum ICU charges that can be claimed is Rs 10,000 per day.
- Certain illness like Cataract, Hernia etc., has a maximum claim limits. Refer policy document for more details.
- 10% deductions are applicable on all admissible claims for persons 60 years and above. Means you need to pay 10% from your pocket and 90% would be borne by insurance company.
- Waiting period of 4 years for pre-existing diseases. Waiting period of 2 years for critical illness like Cataract, Hernia, Piles etc., which makes this policy not attractive.
Major excusions under United India Family Medicare Policy
- Domiciliary treatment, treatment outside India
- War and warlike operations.
- Circumcision, vaccination and plastic surgery unless forming part of treatment and requires hospitalization.
- Spectacles, contact lens and hearing aids.
- Dental treatment unless arising due to an accident.
- HIV, AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Any hospitalization primarily for investigation/diagnostic purposes.
- Vitamins, tonics unless necessitated for treatment.
- Pregnancy and related disorders.
- Naturopathy and Experimental treatment.
- External Medical equipments.
- Any kind of service charges.
How are the premiums under this health insurance plan?
Below are some of the premiums (Refer A as Adult and C as Child).
Should you opt for United India Family Medicare Policy?
This family floater is a basic coverage health insurance plan for hospital expenses, however comes with sub-limits. This plan comes with less premiums compared to other health insurance policies. If you cannot afford higher premium plans, you can go with this health insurance plan. However, one should review the pros and cons, conclude that it suits their need and then consider such health insurance plans.
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
United India Family Medicare Policy