VRL Logistics Limited IPO – Should you Invest?
VRL Logistics Limited IPO – Should you Invest?
Karnataka based VRL Logistics Limited IPO would hit the market on 15th April, 2015. VRL Logistics Ltd is in the business of providing surface logistics and parcel delivery across 28 states in India. Though profits for 2013 and 2014 are low, VRL Logistics IPO looks promising. Should you invest in VRL Logistics Limited Initial Public Offering? What are the risk factors to be considered before you invest in such VRL Logistics Ltd IPO? What are brokerage houses / IPO analysts saying about VRL Logistics IPO?
About VRL Logistics Limited
VRL Logistics Ltd (VRL) is one of the leading pan-India surface logistics and parcel delivery service provider. It owns and operates the largest fleet of commercial vehicles in the private sector in India and caters to industries like FMCG, Food, textiles, Pharma, Apparels etc. VRL provides general parcel and priority parcel delivery (less than truckload services, “LTL”), courier and full-truckload (“FTL”) services through its widespread transportation network in 28 States and four Union Territories across India. Company’s operational infrastructure for the goods transportation business as of December 31, 2014 comprised 624 branches (comprising 604 leased branches and 20 owned branches) and 346 agencies across India, and of such 624 branches, 48 (41 leased branches and seven owned branches) served as strategic transshipment hubs for operations
Issue details of VRL Logistics Limited IPO
- IPO opens: 15-April-2015
- IPO closes: 17-April-2015
- Face Value: Rs 10 per share
- Issue price band: Rs 195-205 per share.
- Minimum Shares to apply: 65 shares and in multiples of 65 shares thereon.
- Issue size: Rs 450 Crores to 474 Crores
- Lead Managers: ICICI Securities and HDFC Securities
- Listing: BSE / NSE
- Download VRL Logistics Limited IPO Prospectus from SEBI website here
Purpose of the IPO: The funds would be used for the following purposes.
- Purchase of goods transportation Vehicles;
- Repayment/pre-payment of certain borrowings.
- Company generated revenue of Rs 714.61 Crores for the year ended Mar-10 and Rs 1503.77 Crores for the year ended Mar-14. It earned revenue of Rs 1279.38 Crores for 9 months ended Dec-14.
- Company posted a profit of Rs 28.75 Crores for the year ended Mar-10 and a profit of Rs 57.17 Crores for the year ended Mar-2014. Its profits are Rs 71.69 Crores for 9 months ended Dec-2014.
- Diluted EPS for FY 2014 is Rs 7.21 and last 3 years average is Rs 6.99
Why to invest VRL Logistics Limited IPO
- Good revenue growth in last 5 years. It grew at a simple average of 21% over the last 5 years.
- Consistent profits of more than 3.4%. However, for FY 2013 and FY 2014, profits are low compared to earlier years due to high fuel prices. But it could pick-up in 9 months ended Dec-2014 to 5.6%.
- Good business history.
Why not to invest in VRL Logistics Limited IPO
- There are outstanding criminal proceedings against one of Company Promoters, Dr. Vijay Sankeshwar, which, if finally determined against the Promoters and / or Company could adversely affect its business.
- Its Promoters and Directors are involved in a number of legal proceedings, including certain criminal and tax proceedings, which, if finally determined against it, Promoters, or Directors, as the case may be, could adversely affect its business, results of operations and financial condition.
- An inability to pass on any increase in operating expenses, particularly fuel costs, customers may adversely affect Company business and results of operations.
- Company's success depends on its ability to generate sufficient freight volumes and passenger occupancy to achieve acceptable profit margins or avoid losses.
- Its Inability to attract, recruit and retain a sufficient number of qualified and experienced drivers may adversely affect Company business, results of operations and financial condition.
- Its business is dependent on the road network and the ability to utilize vehicles in an uninterrupted manner. Any disruptions or delays in this regard could adversely affect us and lead to a loss of reputation and/ or profitability.
- Any interruption of operations at Hubballi facility may adversely affect Company business and results of operations.
- They are dependent on various third parties for the adequate and timely supply of equipment and maintenance of its vehicles, and any delays or increases in cost related thereto may adversely affect its business.
- Company may incur penalties or liabilities for delayed compliance with certain provisions of the Companies Act.
- Its large branch and transshipment hub network are subject to various risks relating to logistics facilities operations.
- Complete risk factors can be read from “Risk Factors” section of the IPO prospectus from page no. 16 onwards.
Recommendation / Investment strategy
- On the diluted EPS of Rs 6.99 to Rs 7.21 (last 3 years avg and FY2014) and on the issue price of Rs 195 to Rs 205, P/E ratio would be in between 27 to 29. Its competitors P/E ratio of Gati Limited is 84.3 (High) and a Transport company India Ltd is 25.84 (Lowest). Hence the issue price is not overpriced.
- VRL Logistics Limited IPO has several positive factors. Good revenue growth, promising future outlook, reasonable issue price, consistent profits, etc., are some of the positive factors.
- IPO’s have not been performing well in recent months. Many IPO’s are trading below its issue price.
- However, I am positive about VRL Logistics IPO. While there are several risk factors indicated above, these can be kept aside considering positive factors. High risk investors who are willing to take the risk can invest in such IPO’s. One should keep in mind that shares can list below the issue price based on market sentiments.
What brokerage houses / IPO Analysts are viewing this VRL Logistics IPO (Updated on 15-Apr-2015)?
- Myinvestmentideas.com – Suresh KP on 9-Apr-2015 – One should subscribe this VRL Logistics IPO considering risk factors indicated.
- Moneycontrol.com – VS Fernando says VRL Logistis Growth prospects reasonably secured
- GEPL Capital says VRL Logistics IPO valuations look cheaper – Subscribt to this IPO
- IIFL, says Investors can subscribe to VRL Logistics IPO
- Arihanth Capital and AB Money says Subscribe to VRL Logistics IPO for short to medium term view
- Ajcon Global and KR Choksey says subscribe to this VRL Logistics Limited IPO
- Way2Wealth recommends investors to subscribe to VRL Logistics Limited Initial Public Offering
- Hem Securities says, VRL Logistics IPO is an attractive investment opportunity
Disclaimer: I am interested in investing in this IPO. The idea of giving positive and negative factors to investors in this article is to create awareness and education about this IPO. One should NOT constitute this as investment advice. Please consult your investment advisor before you invest in such high risk investment options.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
VRL Logistics Limited IPO – Should you Invest
- Best and Consistent Performing Large Cap Stocks to invest in 2021 - January 25, 2021
- How to download Home Loan Interest Certificate for Tax Proofs submission? - January 22, 2021
- Stove Kraft IPO Review – Should you Apply or Avoid? - January 22, 2021