Should you buy and invest in gold this Akshaya Tritiya?
Gold lovers are looking for auspicious day Akshaya Tritiya on 21st April to buy gold or gold jewelry. As an investor, you might be wondering, what should you do now? Gold jewelers are now offering huge discounts on wastage and making charges. Should you buy and invest in gold this Akshaya Tritiya? While you may wonder whether gold saving schemes would really benefit you, what are the some of the facts that would influence your decision if you are an investor?
How gold price is getting affected during Akshaya Tritiya?
While buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya is good, but as an investor, you might be thinking how gold prices are fluctuating during that time. See below table on how gold prices are affected during the 1 week after Akshaya Tritiya and 1 month after Akshaya Tritiya. What do you see here? You saw that last year, gold prices have fallen to 10% after Akshaya Tritiya. However, only 1% fall in prices after 1 week.
Important Facts about gold prices during Akshaya Tritiya in last 10 years
- Last year, 1 month after Akshaya Tritiya, gold prices fallen to 10%. In the last 10 years, it was third time where gold prices fallen after Akshaya Tritiya. Otherwise, no major negative side.
- You should know that you cannot make money by buying gold before Akshaya Tritya and selling after it as no major changes in prices are noted.
- Domestic gold prices follow international prices and local demand and supply of gold would have less impact. Currently gold is trading at Rs 26,800 / 10 grams for 24 Carat gold and internal prices are $ 1,207 / ounce.
What are the factors which would influence gold prices in future?
- Though US Dollar have gained in last few weeks, gold prices are still at the bottom.
- Last week, Federal’s meeting in US indicate that rate hike is expected in early June, 2015. US dollar is expected to be stronger in coming months, which would take gold prices up.
- World’s largest gold backed exchange fund, SPDR Gold Trust has seen some drop in holdings in the last few weeks. Investors may pull some more money in coming weeks from gold ETF’s. This may pull gold prices down.
- US Data like retail sales, industrial production, jobless claims and consumer price index are expected this week. This would influence bullion trader's strategy on whether to buy more gold or sell gold. This would influence international gold prices.
Conclusion: Gold prices are responding positively now. With some of the factors indicated above, gold prices may increase. Even technical chart shows positive trend in gold price. If this strong trend continues, I am sure gold prices may increase in future. If you are gold lover and want to buy for jewelry, forget about all these things and just buy them on this auspicious day. If you are an investor, keep buying them through gold ETF’s every month or invest in physical gold every month through some jeweler. This way you need not worry about gold price flucutations.
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
Should you buy and invest in gold this Akshaya Tritiya
- 8.75% IIFL Finance NCD – Sep-2021 issue – Should you subscribe? - September 25, 2021
- Goal-Based Investing – How to evaluate and implement financial goals? - September 24, 2021
- 12.68% Indel Money NCD – Sep 2021 – Should you invest or avoid? - September 23, 2021