Religare JOY Health Insurance Policy with Maternity and new born cover-Review
Recently, Religare Insurance has introduced Religare Joy Health insurance, which covers maternity benefits with waiting period of 9 months. It has several other benefits like New Baby Cover expenses apart from regular health insurance benefits. Is Religare Joy Maternity claims covered Health Insurance a good Health Insurance plan? What are the features of Religare Joy Health insurance plan? Should you really opt for such maternity focused health insurance plan? In this article, I would cover the review of Religare Joy Health Insurance.
Features of Religare Joy Health Insurance plan
- Industry lowest waiting period of only 9 months for claiming maternity expenses.
- Coverage of a new baby born expenses
- Pre and Post Natal expenses till the completion of 90 days for the baby.
- Health insurance plan is for 3 years
- Sum assured for Rs 3 Lakhs and Rs 5 Lakhs plans.
- No claim bonanza of 100% increase in sum assured in case there is no claim in 3 year period.
- Other regular health insurance coverage like hospital and day care treatment expenses
What are the policy term details?
What are the plan details?
What are the exclusions in Religare Joy Health Insurance Plan
Below are the some of the major exclusions of Religare Joy health insurance plan.
- Any pre-existing ailment/injury that was diagnosed/acquired within 48 months prior to issuance of the first policy
- Any diseases contracted during first 30 days of the policy start date, except those arising out of accidents
- Non-allopathic treatment.
- Expenses attributable to self-inflicted injury like committing suicide.
- Expenses arising out of or attributable to alcohol or drug use/misuse/abuse
- Cost of spectacles/contact lenses, dental treatment
- Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS
- Congenital disease
- Tests and treatment relating to infertility and in-vitro fertilization.
- More details of Religare Joy can be found at the Religare Insurance website here
What are the premiums in this Maternity focused health insurance plan?
- The premium for a 3 year policy for 18-45 years of age for Rs 3 Lakhs for a family member of 2 works out to be Rs 55,445
- The premium for a 3 year policy for 18-45 years of age for Rs 3 Lakhs for an Individual Adult Female works out to be Rs 49,241
- The premium for a 3 year policy for 18-45 years of age for Rs 5 Lakhs for a family member of 2 works out to be Rs 74,773
- The premium for a 3 year policy for 18-45 years of age for Rs 5 Lakhs for an Individual Adult Female works out to be Rs 67,506
- If you observe, premium in this health insurance plan is very high. For e.g. if you consider other health insurance policies like Max Bupa for a 35 years age for Rs 3 Lakhs, it would come to Rs 7,000 (approx). For 3 years, it would be approx Rs 21,000. Even for family floater policy for 2 members for 3 years works out to be Rs 30,000 as premium charges. Hence premium is high in this plan. For a maternity benefit of Rs 35,000 (Rs 3 Lakh sum assured) or Rs 50,000 (Rs 5 Lakh sum assured), majority is anyway charged through high premium.
Should you opt for this Religare Joy Health Plan?
I am not excited by such health insurance plan. No doubt this is a unique health insurance plan which covers maternity benefits and new born baby expenses till 90 days. However premium charged is very high. Unless the individual is married or planning to get married and would go on the family way in next 3 years, this health insurance plan is not beneficial. Alternatively, you can choose for other better health insurance plans from Max Bupa, Apollo Munich etc. which comes out with low premiums. Balance amount you can save and utilize for maternity expenses (which may not cover completely).
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook and twitter.
Religare Joy Maternity Covered Health insurance-Review
- Aditya Birla Sun Life NASDAQ 100 FoF (NFO) – Should you invest? - October 15, 2021
- ITI Pharma and Healthcare Fund Review – Is this NFO late in this bull run? - October 14, 2021
- ICICI Prudential Smallcap Index Fund NFO – Review - October 12, 2021