How Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners works?
Mr.Narendra Modi has launched Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate for pensioners, couple of days back. Jeevan Pramaan is Aadhar based digital certification system. New Digital Pramaan is a new system and self certification by pensioners about their existence. How does this new system of Digital Life Certificate Jeevan Pramaan work exactly? How Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate helps Central and State Government employees? What are the limitations of Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate?
What is Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate?
Currently, Pensioner need to personally present himself before a pension distribution agency or submit life certificate issued by authorities specified by the Central Account Pension Office about their existence / being alive. This has become painful process which needs to be done every year in November month. There were several requests to Govt of India to streamline this process. Govt. In India has introduced a new digital system called Jeevan Pramaan. Under the new system a software will help Senior Citizens to ensure continuity of pension credited to their account. This software is developed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology. This would record aadhar card and biometric details. Pensioners can record this by sitting at home or anywhere outside.
How does Jeevan Pramaan work?
- Govt. Of India would provide a biometric device to pensioners.
- They need to connect a biometric device to their computer or mobile phone.
- They need to install Jeevan Pramaan application on their mobile or computer.
- Pensioners need to plug in biometric reading device with their mobile or computer.
- These details such as biometric information, Date, Time etc. are uploaded into a central data server on a real time basis.
- Pension disbursing agency would access digital life certificate which indicates that the pensioner is alive at the time of authentication.
- Pension department would credit pension to employees every month based on this digital life certificate. Validity period of such digital life certificate is yet to be known.
Who would benefit from the Jeevan Pramaan system?
There are more than 1.25 Crore pensioners from Central Government (50 Lakhs) and State Government / Territories (50 Lakhs) and from Armed Forces (25 Lakhs) who would benefit from this new Jeevan Pramaan system. Govt. of India would provide Biometric device for low cost and software / application for free of cost.
What happens if pensioner does not have a mobile phone or computer?
If pensioner does not have access to a mobile phone or computer, use this facility at common service centres being operated under the National e-Governance plan. This will benefit pensioners in inaccessible areas / rural areas.
Are there any limitations of Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate System?
- There could be technical issues during setup of applications on mobile phone or computer.
- Pensioners who may not be well versed with such new systems need to be done under the supervision of their children as any technical issue could lead to temporary termination of pension account.
Conclusion: Jeevan Pramaan Life Certificate is an innovative system for pensioners which indicates that they are alive without moving out of their home. This is definitely a good initiative from Govt. of India.
If you like this article, please share this on your Facebook or Twitter. This would be a special gift which you would be giving to our blog.
How Jeevan Pramaan Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners works