Top Newz for this week (9-Mar-2014)
Top Newz for this week (9-Mar-2014)
I am back after a 3 week break on this subject.
Investors have several options to invest their money now. The Loha Ispat IPO is going to hit the market in the coming week, Manappuram secured NCD offer, Muthoot NCD issue, Anisha Implex IPO closed, NHB tax free bonds to hit the market this week are some of the top news this week.
Whatz happening in Financial Markets?
Sensex has gained 800 points this week. Currently SENSEX is at 21,920. Analysts predict that the bull run would continue for some more time due to the elections ahead before going for any market correction.
- Top 5 Gainers Hindalco 19%, ICICI Bank 15%, Axis Bank 11%, BHEL 10% and Maruti 10%
- Top 5 Losers Dr. Reddys 6%, Wipro 5%, Sun Pharma 5%, TCS 2% and Infy 2%
Rupee has appreciated this week against the dollar. Currently trading at Rs 61.09 / dollar compared to the previous week of Rs 61.50 / dollar.
Top newz in the investment and personal finance world
1) NHB Tax Free bonds of Tranche-II: NHB Tranche-II of tax free bonds for 2013-14 has opened for subscription on 7th March. This offers 8.93% interest which is tax free. These are AAA rated tax free bonds and good to invest.
2) Loha Ispat IPO: Loha Ispat is coming up with an IPO and this would open for subscription on 11th March, 2014. Loha Ispat is growing at 31% CAGR in last 5 years. Its issue price is between Rs 77 and Rs 80. I have recommended to invest in Loha Ispat IPO after considering a few risk factors.
3) Muthoot Finance NCD: Muthoot Finance is issuing a fresh set of NCD’s and they would be open for subscription on 10th March, 2014. Muthoot finance offers a 11.75 % interest rate. It offers both secured as well as unsecured NCD’s.
4) HDFC Debt fund for cancer cure 2014: HDFC special fund named as HDFC debt fund cancer cure 2014 would close on 11th March, 2014. This special mutual fund scheme has donated Rs 10.87 Crores in the last few years to cancer patients. This is a capital protection oriented debt fund. You can opt for 50% or 100% dividend to be donated to such cancer patients.
5) Anisha Implex IPO closes: New Delhi based Anisha Implex IPO got closed this week. This is SME IPO was opened for subscription on 3rd March. We have recommended this as “Avoid”
6) Current account deficit plunges to 0.9%: For Dec quarter, current account deficit plunges to 0.9% Vs 6.5% of last year. This is 8 year low. This is due to Govt imposing curbs on gold imports and RBI subsidy for NRI’s on US dollar deposits here.
7) Govt approves 8.75% PF interest for 2013.14: This week Govt of India approved to pay 8.75% interest on Provident Fund deposits for the financial year 2013-14.
8) New India Assurance offers 50% discount on health insurance premiums for the girl child: On this Woman's day, New India Assurance has brought a new health insurance plan named “Asha Kiran”. This policy is provided to families having an only girl child. This policy offers 50% discount on health insurance premiums for such plan.
9) Manappuram Secured NCD offers 12.61% interest: This week Manappuram secured NCD of Mar-2014 opened for subscription. Manappuram offers 400 days to 70 months NCD, which has options of paying monthly interest and annual premiums. This is good for investment as it offers secured NCD with high rate of interest.
10) Gold and Silver: Gold and Silver prices were stable this week. Current gold prices are at Rs 30,370 for 10 grams. Silver is at Rs 47,000 per Kilogram.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Top Newz in this week
- Why exiting ULIP right after the lock-In period is not a good idea? - September 28, 2020
- Mirae Asset Ultra Short Duration Fund NFO – Is this a good fund to invest for 3 to 6 months? - September 28, 2020
- Why you are still NOT Rich in life? - September 26, 2020