Top Newz in this week (5-Jan-2014)
Manapurram Secured NCDs hit market this week, Muthoot Finance issue secured and unsecured NCD’s again in this month, FMP’s loosing shine, Private insurers claim settlement ratio decreases, Two IPO’s Suyog Tele and RCI Industries hit market this week. These are some of the top headlines in the investment world and personal finance world.
Whatz happening in Financial Markets?
Sensex lost 229 points this week. Currently SENSEX is at 20,851.
- Top 5 Gainers are TCS 2.9%, Maruthi 1.3%, Sun Pharma 0.8%, Hero Corp 0.5% and Wipro 0.3%
- Top 5 Losers are M&M 6.7%, Tata Power 6.2%, L&T 6.1%, ONGC 5.6% and BHEL 4.1%.
The rupee has appreciated this week against the dollar. Currently trading at Rs 62.16 / dollar compared to previous week of Rs 62.04 / dollar.
Top Newz in the investment world and Personal Finance
1) Manappuram Secured NCD: Manappuram secured NCD issue started on 30-Dec-2013. It offers highest interest rates of 12.61% interest. You can double your investment in 70 months. We have recommended investors to subscribe due to high interest and high safety (secured in nature) compared to other similar investment options.
2) Mutooth Finance NCD’s: Muthooth finance issuing secured and unsecured NCD’s again in this month. The interest rates are 12.25% per annum. It is issuing secured and unsecured NCD’s. Earlier we have indicated that you can opt for secured ones, but unsecured ones would be risky. Also these are rated as AA- by Crisil and ICRA.
3) LIC introduces single premium endowment plan: LIC has introduced a new plan called single premium endowment plan which is offered with profits benefits. This policy is available for 10-25 year period and minimum sum assured is Rs 50,000. This can be taken by any individual who is 90 days to 65 years of age.
4) FMP’s loosing shine: Fixed Maturity Plan’s are loosing shine. Due to poor response from investors, ICICI Mutual fund has withdrawn couple of FMP schemes. Fund manager except that such decline would continue in 2014 too.
5) Private insurers claim settlement ratio decline: IRDA has issued settlement ratio details for 2012-13. Aviva and Birla Sun Life insurance companies have rejected more death claims in 2012-13. While the LIC claims settlement ratio has increased from 97.42% to 97.73%, private insurance companies claim settlement ratio has come down from 89.34% from last year to 88.65% this year. Aviva blames that early claims arising due to fraud in semi urban and urban areas. Its claim settlement ratio reduced to 90%.
6) Vodafone eyes Tata Teleservices: Vodafone is in talks to buy Tata tele services. The Tata group rejected to comment saying it is too early to talk about such negotiations.
7) Suyog Tele IPO: This week Suyog Tele IPO has hit the market. Suyog Tele builds, owns and operates telecommunication poles, towers etc. Its issue price is Rs 25 and minimum investment required is Rs 150,000.
8) RCI Industries IPO: This is second SME IPO which hits the market this week. RCI Industries are engaged in export and import of Copper Wires. RCI Industries IPO issue price is Rs 40 and the minimum investment is Rs 120,000.
9) EFPO Planning to issue unique PF numbers: To ease the transfer of PF claims and withdrawals, the Employee Provident Fund Office is planning to issue unique PF numbers. As per EFPO these are expected to be issued in next 3-4 months. This would ease the process especially when an individual is switching the jobs and would be waiting for PF transfers to be done from old account to new account.
10) Gold and Silver : Gold and silver prices have recovered this week by 2% and 3% respectively. Current gold prices are at Rs 29,159 for 10 grams. Silver is at Rs 45,475 per Kilogram
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter.
Top Newz in this week