Top Newz for this week (13-Jan-2014)
Top Newz for this week (13-Jan-2014)
Infy beats the street with Q3 results, NHAI tax free bonds to open up this week, Edelweiss ECL Finance offers secured NCD, RBI eases norms to gold loan companies, IDFC MF launches a close ended scheme etc. are some of the top news in the investment world and personal finance in this week.
Whatz happening in Financial Markets?
Sensex lost 93 points this week. Currently SENSEX is at 20,758.
- Top 5 Gainers are Sun Pharma 5%, Dr.Reddy 5%, Coal India 4%, ONGC 3% and TCS 3%
- Top 5 Losers are Hindalco 7%, Tata Steel 7%, SBI 6%, L&T 5% and Tata power 4%.
The rupee has gained this week against the dollar. Currently trading at Rs 61.91 / dollar compared to the previous week of Rs 62.16 / dollar.
Top 10 newz in investment world and Personal Finance in India
1) Info beats the street with Q3 numbers: Infosys published a Quarter-3 results couple of days back and beats the street. Its profit increased by 21% to Rs 2,875 Crores. After Narayana Murthy back to Infosys, he has been saying that company has taken profit improvement measures and it would take time to yield results. Experts feel this is the best stock to invest now.
2) Edelweiss ECL Finance NCD offers 12.52% interest: ECL Finance which is part of Edelweiss group is issuing secured NCD’s which offers yield up to 12.52% interest rates. These have been rated as AA by Care and BWR. These are available in 3 years and 5 year tenure.
3) LIC single premium endowment plan: Now LIC have started advertising some of its old plans which include LIC Single premium endowment insurance plan. This is a protection cum investment plan which offers with profits. I would publish the analysis during the week.
4) RBI eases norms for gold loan companies: RBI last week has eased certain norms last week, which would benefit gold loan companies like Muthooth Finance and Manappuram Finance. Now gold loan companies can offer loans up to 75% of the gold value instead of 60% which was there earlier. This move would help such companies to grow at a faster pace.
5) Reliance life launching 9 more products this month: Reliance Life got approval for 29 new products from IRDA and its already launched 20 different products. Reliance Life is now planning to launch balance 9 plans before the end of this month. Reliance Life planning to focus on protection cum savings plan, retirement plans and health insurance plans.
6) Chemplast Valves IPO: Chemplast Valves IPO, SME IPO would hit the market on 15th January. It is issuing 49.32 lakhs of shares @ Rs 15 each. Our analysis would be available this week.
7) NHAI Tax free bonds offer 8.75% interest: NHAI tax free bond issue would open on 15th January which offers 8.52% interest for a 10 year bond and 8.75% for a 15 year bond. These bonds are rated as AAA by Crisil and BWR. I would recommend you invest in such safe and high return investment option which are best suitable for high tax bracket individuals.
8) Investors dump money in Equity funds in Dec-2013: Dec month flow of funds into mutual funds show that investors are dumping money in equity mutual funds. Dec was the highest in the last 2 years where there are huge inflows into equity mutual funds.
9) IDFC Launches close ended mutual fund scheme: IDFC Mutual fund launches close ended scheme “IDFC Equity Opportunity Series-2” fund. This fund aims to provide high returns to investors by leveraging the benefits of the economic cycle. This MF opens subscription between January 13th to 24th.
10) Gold and Silver : Gold prices have increased by 2% this week. Surprisingly, Silver prices have reduced by 2.1% this week. Current gold prices are at Rs 29,700 for 10 grams. Silver is at Rs 44,500 per Kilogram
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook and Twitter.
Top Newz in this week
- Best Sovereign Gold Bonds to buy from secondary market - October 19, 2020
- What is Macaulay duration concept and how it helps you to choose right debt mutual fund? - October 16, 2020
- Mahindra Manulife Focused 30 Equity Yojana Fund NFO – Should you Subscribe? - October 18, 2020