How to check Income Tax refund online?
Many of us either by ignorant or may be with genuine reason, would have paid more income tax and would have applied for income tax refund. However, how many of us would be tracking about the refund. Do you know that with a few simple steps, you can check income tax refund online?
Refund Banker Scheme
Income tax department has introduced Refund Banker Scheme in Jan 2007 which covers all over India to know the income tax refund online at website. Income Tax department has appointed State Bank of India (SBI) has refund manager agency for all income tax refunds.
How to check income tax refund online?
- Visit URL: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- Enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Select the assessment year for which you are looking for income tax refund
- Submit and view online
What are other methods for tracking income tax refund?
- Call State Bank of India toll free number 1800 425 9760
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
What are the various modes of refund?
There are two modes of income tax refund
1) RTGS /NECS: The income tax refund is done through direct credit to the bank account specified by you in the IT return. You should specify correct details indicated below while you file IT return to get this direct credit.
- Correct bank account number
- MICR/IFSC code of bank branch
- Address for communication.
2) Cheque method: Under this method, the IT refund would be done directly through cheque and the same would be sent to the address indicated in the IT return.
logged in to website, what does these messages mean for you?
Below are some of the messages you may see when you check income tax refund online
- Return cheque undelivered due to change in postal address: This is a common problem where the assessee would have changed the address, but missed to notify the income tax department. You can inform to same through above email address about your new address
- Cheque encashed: If you have received the cheque and credited to your bank account, this message would be only for your information. However if you have not received the cheque, but if the status shows cheque encashed, you should immediately notify the same to income tax department, so that they can take necessary steps.
If you enjoyed this article, share the link in Facebook/Twitter. The links are provided below.
Topic: How to check Income Tax refund online
- 8% Hawkins Cookers Fixed Deposit Scheme 2021 – Review - September 18, 2021
- Paras Defence IPO Review – Is it good or bad for investment? - September 17, 2021
- Best Conservative Hybrid Mutual Funds to invest in 2021 - September 16, 2021