11 ways to reduce your electric bills / energy bills
There are various ways on how you can reduce electric bills / energy costs.
- Do you know that you can save power on A/c consumption by reducing 1 degree temperature of what you are using now? One degree temperature does not matter for us you as it would not make any much difference
- Do you know that when you use water heater the maximum level to have is 60 degrees. Beyond this, we any how add cool water. Why not make a discipline of heating the water up to a level where we mix less cool water
- Do you know that taking shorter showers (when you use hot water) would save lot of money?
- Have you tried using washing machine to its optimum level? Wash clothes two times a week with full load instead of washing clothes all the days in a week with half empty. Another tip is to hang the clothes to dry instead of using dryer in washing machines
- Do you know that keeping the refrigerator full would save energy? Half filled refrigerator would consume more energy than the fully loaded one.
- Have you ever tried using “Use it when you need” concept. We would waste energy by not unplugging the switches which are not in use
- When entire family is at home, have you tried using a common hall instead of using multiple rooms for each member? Especially Kids occupy a different room and use the television, Fans, A/c, computer etc. Engaging them in the common room with the parents would save lot of energy along with the attention to what they are doing.
- Have you tried using energy saving appliances? The more stars you have on appliances, the more energy you would save
- Do you have ceiling fans at home along with A/c ? Try using ceiling fans when the weather is normal. It consumes less energy.
- In summer when there is heavy heat, have you tried using “cool coating” on the roof of your building. This keeps the building cool and saves energy
- Have you tried installing a "all-in-one" switch-off button at the main door which controls the entire building energy ? Even when you are leaving in a hurry, you need not worry about switching off all the electric buttons individually by installing this. You can seperate the "24-hour to be continued" plugs seperately from this.
Conclusion: Adopting such tips for electric / energy bill would not only lower your electric / energy bills, but also helps in optimally using the natural resources. These should be adopted like a habit. Just try these energy saving tips and you should save 30% to 50% of your regular electric bill.
If you found this article is good, share the link in Twitter/Face book. The links are provided below.
Money saving ideas
- Aditya Birla Sun Life NASDAQ 100 FoF (NFO) – Should you invest? - October 15, 2021
- ITI Pharma and Healthcare Fund Review – Is this NFO late in this bull run? - October 14, 2021
- ICICI Prudential Smallcap Index Fund NFO – Review - October 12, 2021