Online PF transfer and withdrawal from July 1, 2013

Online PF transfer and withdrawal from July 1, 2013Online PF transfer and withdrawal from July 1, 2013

One of the painful problems an employee faces when he/she changes the job is, transferring or withdrawing Provident Fund amount from old employer. Employee Provident Fund Office (EPFO) has announced few days back about automating the process of PF transfer and withdrawal / settlement. In this article we would discuss about this new process and how it would run and benefit subscribers or EPFO or employees.

Long awaited process for EPFO subscribers

EPFO subscribers have been waiting for this new process for long time. There are 50 million subscribers of retirement fund body EPFO who would get benefitted with this new process. EPOF would set-up a central clearance house to take care of the online PF transfers or settlements, which would be operational from July 1, 2013.

Also Read: How to check EPF balance online.

Currently, if anyone changes the job, he/she needs to approach the previous employer for PF transfer. This is so painful that it would take several months to get clearances and transfer the amount. Since several individuals move from one company to another company for better career, transferring the PF from previous employer to current employer is a night mare.

How the Online PF transfer and withdrawal would work?

• An EPFO subscriber needs to log into www.epfindia.com and provide his PF number and other relevant details online.
  • Once he submits his request for either transfer or withdrawal, a tracking number would be generated. This number would be used to track the status of the application.
  • The PF transfer request would be sent to previous employer and EPFO. Since the onus is on the EPFO to verify the same with previous employer, there is strict deadline by them to employers. EPF would verify the data with previous employer and with current employer and makes the PF transfer.
  • In case, anyone is applying for withdrawal of the Provident Fund amount, EPF would take the responsibility of verifying with previous employer and settles the Provident Fund amount to the subscriber.
  • There is no further involvement of an employee during this transfer.
  • The above process looks simple as the onus lies with EPFO and entire process is through online.

You may also like: How to check income tax refund online

In the long run, EPFO want to provide permanent account numbers for their subscribers so that there would be only one PF number for an employee irrespective of the number of employers he is working for.

Conclusion: This new process would definitely benefit an employee and save time and energy. An employee can concentrate on better things rather wasting his time on this avoidable activity.

If you enjoyed this article, share this with your friends and colleagues on Facebook and twitter.

Online PF transfer and withdrawal from July 1, 2013

1. Wishwajeet L says:

I have checked my online status. And the same is as below. When should I expect the credit to happen.Claim ID : MHBAN141200011434
    Status : Claim Form 10C for Withdrawal Benefit AGAINST Member Account No () has been approved. Payment is under process.

Claim ID : MHBAN141200011430
    Status : Claim Form 19 for PF Settlement AGAINST Member Account No () has been approved. Payment is under process.

2. Wishwajeet L says:

Hi ,

My PF status is shown as below. Can anyone help in telling me appprox time for a credit to happen post this status gets updated.

Claim ID : MHBAN141200011434

Claim ID : MHBAN141200011430

• Venky M says:

Within 1 week amount would credit into ur account after getting messages from pf office. ….

• nilkanth sonar says:

My claim withdrawal status is as mentioned below :

CLAIM FORM 10C FOR WITHDRAWAL BENEFIT/SCHEME CERTIFICATE FOR MEMBER ACCOUNT NO MHBAN00437760000009475 HAS BEEN RECEIVED ON 08.12.2014 IS UNDER PROCESS.

how much time it will take to get the credit to my bank account ?

thanks in advance

3. vidya ghodke says:

How long will it take the amount to be credited. when the claim has been approved. Payment is under process.

4. Prashant waghmare says:

How many days it takes for the amount to be credited
    The status of my Claim is

Claim ID : KDMAL141000000247
    Status : Claim Form 10C for Withdrawal Benefit AGAINST Member Account No (KDMAL00452970000004156) has been approved. Payment is under process.

Claim ID : KDMAL141000000240
    Status : Claim Form 19 for PF Settlement AGAINST Member Account No (KDMAL00452970000004156) has been approved. Payment is under process.

5. Dipen says:

Hi, I had transfer my PF from my previous company to my current company, Now I have resigned.
    PF Membership Date is showing in my current PF statement is 01.12.2008 and I want to withdraw it on Oct-2014.
    In my previous company I had 30 months old PF account and in current company it is 52 months, total is 82 months (6.8 year).
    I want to know, if I withdrawn my PF is there will be any tax deduction? if so then what will be the percentage of tax deduction.
    Please let me know it is very urgent. Thanks

6. Dipen says:

Hi Chandrakant, I had transfer my PF from my previous company to my current company, Now I have resigned.
    Please let me know it is very urgent. Thanks

7. VAIBHAV CHAUHAN says:

Can u please tell that if a company has more than 20 employees but still it is not giving pf facility to all of them.Just there are 6 to 7 employees who are getting their PF deduction because there salary is 5 to 6 thousand monthly.Moreover the company is even not providing any mediclaim,esi,salary slip(only monthly income) pl,cl,sl..

is it legal.

8. Gogul says:

Hi, There is no option to withdraw online. Only we can transfer using online portal. If there is option to withdraw online… please tell us…

9. Kumaresh says:

Hi suresh,

i have applied the online pf transfer from my past company to the current company, i have applied this transfer after 2.6 years from the date of leaving from my old company ,i have recived the message the claim has been approved fromy my old company below are the details

18 July 2014    Claim Form Submitted .

24 July 2014    Claim Form Approved by Previous Employer .

But i have not yet recived the claim ammoun is not yet credited to my current account, can i know how much time it will take to credit the ammount

S Kumaresh

It should happen immly, but pls wait for 1 week

• Kumaresh says:

Thanks for your replay, can i know to whom i have to contact if its not getting credited to my current PF account

• Haris says:

May i know if ur PF is transferred to ur current account. If Yes, How long did it take for the overall process.
      I have my request in Approved by Previous Employer status. awaiting for the transfer to happen.

Thanks!!

10. Dinesh says:

http://www.epfindia.com is not working. Is there any alernative to check pf online?

11. Manivannan says:

Suresh – Does EPFC deduct the tax and transfer the rest of the amount when applied for withdrawal?

12. Sachin Aggarwal says:

I have applied for PF withdraw from my previous company , and checked status online and found status as Form Recieved on 23.06.2014 and  under process. I want to know how much time it take to credit amount in my account ?