April-2015: Latest recurring deposit(RD) interest rates comparison in India

Recurring deposit interest rates in India (Apr-2013)Latest recurring deposit interest rates comparison in India (Updated 11-April-2015)

In the last couple of months, banks have lowered the fixed deposit interest rates and latest recurring deposit interest rates. While comparing latest RD rates with various banks in India indicate that banks are still betting good business on recurring deposits, however offering competitive interest rates. Investment in recurring deposits in India is continued to be one of the best choice for several investors. Due to various features associate with it, these are continuously gaining momentum as investors believe these as a safe investment option. We are publishing the latest major banks recurring deposits interest rates month on month as part of creating awareness among investors to choose the best one instead of compromising and depositing with their current bank.

Latest recurring deposit interest rates comparison in India-Apr-2015

Latest recurring deposit interest rates in India-April-2015

If you enjoyed this article, share the link in Facebook/Twitter. The links are provided below.

Latest recurring deposit interest rates in India

1. sridhar says:

hi suresh ,

i am going thru your blog .i have approached one of LIC rep and he had suggested me a plan where some thing like i need to invest 1.6 Lakh per annum for duration of 16 years .starting from 17th year till 21st year i will get àmount as 10lakh , 3.5 L , 3.5L , 3.5Lakh , 25lakh . is this a worth plan ? Is there any better way i can invest and getter much better than above amounts by having combination of RD , vkp , ppf , mf balanced etc …. assume if ican pay 1.6L in 4 quarters installments per annum

2. Paras says:

Brilliant blog. I want to know the current RD interest rates of PNB and Canara. How can i find that ? In bank website, they are showing only Fixed deposit’s interest rate.

3. karteek says:

Dear sir,

Could you provide revised Rd interest rates please…..

4. karteek says:

Hello sir this is karthikeya. My age is 20. I’m planning to save Rs 500 every month. i’m so interst to invest this money to RD. Duration 5 years. So kindly let me know which bank is preferable for Rd.

5. Kamal says:

Hey Suresh, I’m 19 years old and earning about 25000-30000 every month, I save 15000 a month, can you give me some ideas on how to invest this 15000? I was planning to open a RD acc.( 1 year period ) this year, add 15000 a month which makes it 180000, and 196200 after interest of 9%, out of which , I’ll add 150000 to my PPF acc every year and continue the same process for 20 years, since I don’t wanna work after I turn 40. What do you think about it?Please give me some options, A reply would be appreciated.

6. Dr Ruhi Karwal says:

Your blog is really good! I am a doctor by profession and don’t much understand markets and mutual funds. I’m investing or shall I say saving about 40,000 a month in RD.Its giving me about 8.75-9% interest for a period of 5 years.
    I had some sips going on for some time, nothing much about 2-3K every month..
    Do you think its possible to invest a bigger amount say 10-20k anywhere is market? purely to save on the tax that i’ll have to pay after maturity of my RD’s. and how safe are these?
    Thanks a lot

Hello Dr. Ruhi, Many investors comment on this blog that they are investing Rs 20K to Rs 1 Lakh per month through SIP and they have been enjoying good returns. Principle to get good returns is keep investing for long term and don’t invest for short term. This is where you can expect good returns.

7. Gayathri says:

The Rates have changed for most of the banks .. could you please update your blog? Thank you!

8. Joseph says:

Can i invest in mutual fund (balanced fund) for 5 years to get good returns. I am planning to invest 25 Lakhs and expecting returns of 20% Annualized or atleast doubling my investment. Please advice.

Invest for 8-10 years. You can still invest for 5 years, however you may not expect good returns. It depends on the markets during the period. Don’t invest lump-sum as markets are peak. Invset thru SIP

9. Suresh says:

Hi Suresh

Can you please advice if investing in SIP through MFs is better option to get 35 Lakhs in 3 years or RD? I am looking at investing 60K per month to get 35 Lakhs in three years?

which option should be better for me?

Thanks,

10. Anisur R Mullick says:

These are not recurring deposit rates, but FD. I think you do not know the difference between RD and FD. Recurring deposit is the amount that get deducted every month from your account. Axis bank now provides 4% interest rate for RD. Please do not mislead people.

Anisur, Thanks for your comments. 4% interest is on SB account and no one would do recurring deposit at 4%. Talk to Axis customer support team and get back to me. I am happy to assist you . What do you do and where you are investing your money? I would love to hear from you.