3 Good Small Business Ideas with Low Investment
Overview small business ideas with low investment
There are lots of small businesses which can be started with low investment. Small businesses can be adopted by house wives, college students and for people who want to generate handsome money.
3 good small business ideas with low investment
1) Starting as a Fashion Designer / Tailor / Darji: This is one of the best small business ideas which can be started with low investment. I would restrict the discussion to Tailor / Darji in this article. This is suitable for any one including house wife’s.
- Need to undergo training for 3-4 months to know the basics of stitching
- Learning new trends in fashion design. This can be done by observing the latest trends in the market.
- Identify good location to start the businesses.
- Creating a good customer base with networking
- Know the small business marketing skills to improve the business
- This business can be started with as low as Rs.20,000
2) Starting a Day Care centre: This is another good small business idea which can be started with very low investment. There is a need for day care centres as more and more mothers of pre-school / school children are forced to do the jobs. Many experts believe that such businesses will show tremendous growth over the next 2-3 years. This small home business is best suitable for house wives. To a start day care centre, one needs to:
- Understand basics of day care centre
- Create an infrastructure for the kids. Separate playing area would be an added advantage
- Need to decide for the timings. Preferred timings would be 6 am to 8 pm
- Need you identify what you are going to offer to the kids as food like break-fast, milk, fruits, juices etc.,
- Need to have some support staff of 2-3 members depending on the business size.
What happens if you are missing any of the above benefits?. Nothing, but you would gain customer confidence and get more and more business.
One of my friend’s wife has started this day care business at home and earning Rs.40,000+ with only 10 kids. Such small home business idea earning good money, interesting right?
3) Starting an internet cafés: This is another good small business ideas which can be started with low investment. One needs to have some basic knowledge of computers to start this business. This is suitable for everyone especially for house wife’s, college students and to a group of members in family who want to run the business. To start this business, one need to have
- Basic computer knowledge
- An investment of around Rs.30,000
- Choosing a good internet service provider is essential. There are good service providers like Reliance, TATA who offer unlimited commercial package starting from Rs.2,000 / month.
- Select a location which is easily where one can commute with less effort
- Initial marketing / advertising require to let know the people about the business
Do still people come to internet café in this 3G generation ? The answer is yes, but you need to add services to internet café centre. You need to add to offer additional services. You need to add services like Scanning, Xerox, Printing services etc. These services would typically not available at individual houses, hence there is no choice for them but to come to such internet café centers. One of my neighbors is currently studying his engineering and running this business with his family members earning a profit of Rs.10,000 per month.
Conclusion: The above small business ideas can be chosen based on the availability of the person and with the affordable investment.
Readers, what other small business ideas you or your family is running? Is it a profitable business? Please give your comments
If you found this article is good, share the link in Twitter/Face book. The links are provided below.